Very long lived true spiders

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I know this question has been asked before, but I'm limiting it more than it usually is, because I'm curious. Which spiders, other than Kukulcania and Sicarius, are known to live for at least a decade, at a minimum for females?

Salmon

Arachnopeon
I would look for species that grow large slowly, and live fairly sedentary lifestyles. It might not be something that's well known since true spiders aren't too commonly kept and most are wild caught.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I'm actually not looking for pets at the moment, I'm literally just curious.

Salmon

Arachnopeon
Interesting question, then. I've had crevice spiders return and use the same nesting spot over 2-3 years, but that's the extent of my experience.

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
I know this question has been asked before, but I'm limiting it more than it usually is, because I'm curious. Which spiders, other than Kukulcania and Sicarius, are known to live for at least a decade, at a minimum for females?
If you want to go collecting in a cave on Galapagos there'll be plenty of long lived true spiders. Other than that all I can really think of is huntsman spiders, especially the cave dwellers

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Miturgidae seem to enjoy a long lifespan as well. Syspira can live to be 5-6 years old, none can match sicariids and crevice weavers though.

Salmon

Arachnopeon
Miturgidae seem to enjoy a long lifespan as well. Syspira can live to be 5-6 years old, none can match sicariids and crevice weavers though.
I wonder what makes prowling spiders so long lived? They seem a little more high strung than the old bold kuks and sicariids.

HIGH STRUNG THAT'S A SPIDER JOKE
SPIDERS MAKE STRING

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I wonder what makes prowling spiders so long lived? They seem a little more high strung than the old bold kuks and sicariids.

HIGH STRUNG THAT'S A SPIDER JOKE
SPIDERS MAKE STRING
They generally inhabit deserts and have to be capable of long periods without food or water