Very happy.

Nature81

Arachnopeon
So! My first t was a G. pulchra. I then ordered a G. pulchripes and a C. cyaneopubescens which I am waiting to be delivered when the weather is warmer.

Today my husband took me to the pet shop and they happened to have a A. avicularia. Now, I've wanted one of these for a while but not been able to find one or they've just been too pricey. So I had to get it!! {D

s/he is approximately 2.5" and beautiful. s/he was in a crappy tank with substrate that looked like charcoal??? and nothing to climb on and the tank was filthy so I needed to save it :?

I have enclosed a pic of her new enclosure, please tell me your thoughts. I plan for this to be a fairly temporary enclosure but it was all I could dig out at short notice. It has a small amount of eco earth for sub, a big water dish, things to climb and many ventilation holes in the sides and lid. Anything else guys?

Isn't s/he gorgeous :worship: name is Ozzy.

Also, just to add. I am very happy to see so many lady t keepers here, in my life there have only been men keeping ts so I don't feel so odd now I've joined here :razz:

Zoe xx

Attachments

Last edited:

SarahAntula

Arachnopeon
I'm not an expert but wow looks great! :clap:
Congrats on your new T its adorable!
I'm glad this avic has found such a great home. :)

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Looks great!, Im sure she/he is in heaven now..Nice setup btw. Im no expert but Im sure it will do just fine in that for her/his lifetime..What a cutie, and congrats on the purchase/rescue. :)

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome! How much are they where you live? I picked my female up for $15, and I can get A. Versicolor slings for like $40.

Nature81

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone, I hope s/hes happy.
Unfortunately t's where I live are never cheap. It was about £20 which I think is around $30???

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
At least you can find them... I have to drive over an hour to a neighboring city to look at (and buy) mine lol.

Nature81

Arachnopeon
Hey again everyone. My Avic has been in it's home since Saturday and has a good appetite. However I read somewhere that if it doesn't web fairly quickly then it will die!!?? Is this true? Mine has not webbed yet, I have the ventilation good and the humidity is at 70%, temperature may be a little low (23C) but I read that shouldn't be a big problem. It has a big water bowl on the floor for the humidity and a small one up high for it to drink from. Am I doing ok or have I missed something and its unhappy which is why it's not webbing??

Zoe

xx

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey again everyone. My Avic has been in it's home since Saturday and has a good appetite. However I read somewhere that if it doesn't web fairly quickly then it will die!!?? Is this true? Mine has not webbed yet, I have the ventilation good and the humidity is at 70%, temperature may be a little low (23C) but I read that shouldn't be a big problem. It has a big water bowl on the floor for the humidity and a small one up high for it to drink from. Am I doing ok or have I missed something and its unhappy which is why it's not webbing??

Zoe

xx
No.. If it does not web fairly quickly it will not die.. It could take a while to web.. If it even decides to web at all..

Congrats on the new critter.. Sounds like you are doing just fine with how you are keeping it.. :)

Nature81

Arachnopeon
Thanks so much! I know some questions you more experienced guys get must seem so stupid but there is so much information out there that just seems contradicting it can be confusing. So thank you for your patients.

I am now just watching "her" clean her little pink toes in her mouth and with her fangs (at least I think that's what she's doing LOL!!) Its just amazing, I love her too much lol.

P.S (the pink toes automatically make me say "her", I have no clue what it is {D)

Zoe

xx