[VERY GRAPHIC] A few pics of the Pede

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satanicat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Last one was a funny picture of my cat and snake.

Hope these weren't too gorey for any of you. It was from his monthly treat. Took him forever to get the damn mouse though!

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not cool bro. You call it a "treat" but the only tastebudless animal treat is a treat to the keeper. So do you enjoy watching mice being slowly killed and eaten while squeling and thrashing for its life while risking your "beloved" pede's life? I'm not against vert prey but posting this thread is just sick.

-Exotic

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i agree the damage these guys can do its just mind blowing..:eek:

Brian F.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not to take sides, but I've heard of live mice doing significant harm to snakes.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
feeder mice are meant to....be fed to things. Centipedes can handle and manage much more than mice, they are not stupid creatures and have been hunting this earth for a long time...I do feel sorry for the mice and I would only feed bugs to my bugs.

colicabcadam

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
there is no need or reason to feed a LIVE mouse to a pede.

as already stated, this was a treat for you, not the pede.

hotbugs62

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not impressed. Feed the cat to the centipede then I'll be impressed LOL.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I think y'all are over reacting. The guy wanted to see what happens when a centipede eats a mouse, there is nothing wrong with that, IMO.
A little morbid fascination is nothing to fret about. And definitely no need for personal attacks.

BoaConstrictor, where did he make the "mice don't bite" comment?

And yes...mice do bite. And quite hard. It could easily kill or wound a centipede.

Satanicat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Apparently I "cussed" and that's not allowed. Gee, I wish there were some allowances on that. I don't think we're in kindergarten here.

Also. Thanks to everyone who was neutral in this thread. Those of you who are so hyped up over this, stop before you realize that you're a cult. Anything that goes against what you believe is WRONG!

Oh no, I feed my pets things you wouldn't. I put a graphic warning on the thread. Don't look if you get offended that easily. Sheesh.

Edit:
I've fed tens of mice/rats to my snake live, before I started using frozen rats. They have never once bitten my snake. I only get frozen rats because they are cheaper, and it's a chore with live ones. Plus, since my centipede had that mouse, he's not had any others, because the stench is awful, even after 10 minutes.

So pardon me for a first time testing a new food for it, and that I took pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think y'all are over reacting. The guy wanted to see what happens when a centipede eats a mouse, there is nothing wrong with that, IMO.
A little morbid fascination is nothing to fret about. And definitely no need for personal attacks.

BoaConstrictor, where did he make the "mice don't bite" comment?

And yes...mice do bite. And quite hard. It could easily kill or wound a centipede.
You're right there is nothing wrong with feeding rodents to pedes but taking pictures and posting them online "as a treat" is sick and will eventually get our hobby banned. I'm not delivering personal attacks. I'm merely saying that this thread is unneccessary.
The "mice don't bite" comment must have been deleted but it was there.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You're right there is nothing wrong with feeding rodents to pedes but taking pictures and posting them online "as a treat" is sick and will eventually get our hobby banned. I'm not delivering personal attacks. I'm merely saying that this thread is unneccessary.
The "mice don't bite" comment must have been deleted but it was there.
I disagree with the "get our hobby banned" comment. People with snakes post pictures of their snakes eating mice all the time. And some time the mouse will pop and yet people don't seem to react like this. Aside from a few "eww's" and "gross!!" no one seems to care. Things like feeding a mouse to a centipede is no danger to the hobby, IMO.

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I disagree with the "get our hobby banned" comment. People with snakes post pictures of their snakes eating mice all the time. And some time the mouse will pop and yet people don't seem to react like this. Aside from a few "eww's" and "gross!!" no one seems to care. Things like feeding a mouse to a centipede is no danger to the hobby, IMO.
Mice are often the stable animal for the "If it killed the mouse it could kill us!" or "What if that was a child?" reaction, just look at the LD50 test. Have you seen the current state of the snake hobby lately, or most live animal hobbies for that matter? All the mice feeding pics I have seen were humanely prekilled mice, that were killed by CO2 overdose. Which is the only euthanization method accepted by the AVA for rodents. More humane of a death than the meat we eat.
TBH

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen several of these threads before, and there were almost no gripes about them...

So why decide to lynch Satanicat?

I thought the pics were pretty cool in all honesty. I'm sure almost all of us have done that at least once (fed a rodent to a pede), just to see our pede do its thing.

Satanicat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Deleted yes, it should have been EDITED for whatever cuss word I used. But our lovely mods seem to think just plain old deleting things is just peachy.

Maybe I should post it online as "Just Food" instead of it being a treat, I'd hate to see this so called hobby banned because we give our pets a treat, that'd be such a shame!

Edit:
ragnew, I think I got lynched (this is just my thinking here), because of my 4 year tenure, and that I should have "known" this would happen. That's all I can come up with. If I were one of those cultists, I just would have steered clear from this thread, but I guess having that sort of mentality would also mean having some intelligence, and you can't have both it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:

CEM

Arachnopeon
In defense of the OP he did post a warning, so all of those who are whining knew what they were getting before they clicked on the thread. If you're squeamish or get offended easily don't click on threads that start out with "[VERY GRAPHIC]".

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yep, it was deleted. I didn't like what you wrote and you broke an AB rule.

So, it's my judgement. If you don't like it then follow the rules and don't be a troublemaker.

This thread is now locked...and not because of the pictures.

If you continue down this path you will be banned. (i.e. Satanicat)

Also, using words like "lynched" and "cults" in conversation like this shows ignorance.

Chris

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.