very good news and a question....

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Results of my first breeding of Tapinauchenius violaceus

7.15-7.31 paired with MM
8.19 sac laid - I decided to leave the sac with the female until they hatched
10.22 hatchlings out, no count yet

So, umm, how the heck do you get the slings out of mommies cage? LOL!

BTW, second sac from F #1 was laid 9.13 and it's at least 2x as big as this one was :eek:

Last edited:

eporter

Arachnopeon
that is a good question! i am very interested in hearing the answer from the very old and knowledgable bretheren we have here :)

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would remove the female carefully and once she's rehoused, nudge out the babies.

eporter

Arachnopeon
how do you know when you have gotten them all?? just hope that you did? wait and see if any show up later?

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I wait till the slings hit second instar, then I coax mom into another enclosure with a long pair of tongs, then I harvest the slings.

Recently with my A minatrix, I just harvested the slings with her in the tube, but I wrecked most of her webbing in the process.

GL

PIG-

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wait till the slings hit second instar, then I coax mom into another enclosure with a long pair of tongs, then I harvest the slings.

Recently with my A minatrix, I just harvested the slings with her in the tube, but I wrecked most of her webbing in the process.

GL

PIG-
The problem, right now, is that they are sealed up in the bottom of a 32 oz spice jar. I suppose it'll be easier when they emerge