Very aggressive pzb

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What is going on here. My pzb was out of it's hide which was extremely odd. I poked it to make sure it was all right and Alive and when I did it whiped around abdomen raise ready to flick hairs. I poked it again and it raises into the attack position and slaps my hand.:? I have had my cousin pet this tarantula on the legs before and before this I had never seen an attack position. What's wrong with her. I did just get a different substrate if that means anything.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, if someone poked you in the face, wouldn't you be a bit miffed?

Anyways, how big is the spider? I find that slings go through a molt cycle quite fast, I've had slings eating the same day they molted.

Is there any disturbances throughout the day that might tick it off?

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah but I'm pretty sure that in the time before a molt (before the fasting) they can still get grumpy (I think) and supposedly they can eat reletivly close to a molt. Who knows. It could've just had an off day!

Edit: didnt see abracadavers

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Some Ts get a bit defensive when you suprise them. It feels like its in danger because you poked it. Ive startled some of my docile Ts and they threw up threats.

WhiskyTrekker

Arachnopeon
Maybe it perceived your poke as a threat and was not so much agressive as deffensive?
Could be any number of reasons...temp was too high? humidity not right? hungry?
I'd probably throw up a threat display if I got poked :razz: Then again...I suppose it would depend on who poked me...
Maybe just try again tomorrow...I doubt there is something wrong with your spider...

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For me it greatly depends on what I get poked with..

Wrong place? Ok.. I'll just stand over here...

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
lol that sounds like mine! although once i got her on my hand she calmed down but i think it was just that i would surprise her.

tebs

Arachnopeon
my rosea just slapped the crap out of my tweezers a while ago when i was trying to feed it...no success in feeding though....probably one of those psycho ones....