Versicolors are on the bright side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What I am saying is your are wrong and should observe your T's a little closer. You are humanizing...perhaps projecting stress.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What I am saying is your are wrong and should observe your T's a little closer. You are humanizing...perhaps projecting stress.
I am not wrong.. I observe my T's plenty enough to know that breath on a tarantula that is not in a tube web will affect them.. They will react.. One that is in a tube web will not react..

That little experiment I just told you to do.. I have done it on my avics, psalmos, pokies, ect ect... The ones that are in their tube web have never reacted.. Never moved.. They sit still.. The ones that are not in their tube web will either run for cover, run a short distance, become defensive, or even attack the vent. hole thinking there might be a meal...

I am not humanizing.. Not projecting stress.. I am saying they are affected by you if you breath on them... Breathing on them might not cause any ill affect.. But.. Are you willing to take that chance when one is molting? One that has been known to be fragile..

If the T has itself webbed in a tube web.. So be it.. Hoover.. It wont affect it.. But if there is a vent hole that is inside the tube web.. I suggest not hoovering.. They can feel you breathing & it MIGHT affect them..

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Reaction doesn't equal stress.

Of course disturbing a tarantula in the process of molting is not wise. That is common knowledge, that even the OP was aware of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Reaction doesn't equal stress.

Of course disturbing a tarantula in the process of molting is not wise. That is common knowledge, that even the OP was aware of.
They may be reacting the way they react because they might feel what they believe to be the presence of another preditor.. So yes.. That would lead to stress...

possumburg

Arachnosquire
I can say from my own experience that I accidentally breathed on one of the air holes in an A. hentzi's enclosure and it sent him/her scuttling for its burrow. So this right here tells me that it did not enjoy it.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Apparently despite last night's warning it is too much to ask to keep it civil. Thread closed.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.