Status
Not open for further replies.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Hello everyone.
It's BurntSnow.
Yes, the n00b.
What's up?
I'm sorry for that awkward moment. I felt it could probably give one guy who reads this a chuckle. Anyways, I've noticed that one of my Avicularia slings has a very light blue color on its opisthosoma rather than a deeper color. It's more of a...faded blue. Also, the other Versicolor sling has that same color as a patch on the right side of its opisthosoma. Could this be a sign of premolt?

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thinking too much

If we say yes are you going to stalk your versi like you did the pulchra? Slow down and let your T be a T, color variations happen ( In the past year I've had over 200 versicolors they were not identical). One NOOB to another Kevin

Jaymz Bedell

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It could be premolt, it could be a natural variation in color found within the species. color can vary wildly from post molt to premolt. the reality is no 2 individuals of the same species will be identical, slight variations with a species are normal and to be expected. even lighting could effect how your eyes percieve colors.

a google search for pictures of versicolor spiderlings should get you a lot of pictures and show you exactly how variable they will be.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
If we say yes are you going to stalk your versi like you did the pulchra?
Yes, I probably will. I just don't know what's bad or good or normal with them. They're such complicated creatures; I've never experienced something this unusual. Honestly, almost all my pets may as well come with a manual (setting aside my button quails).

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you are not going to listen to anyone suggestions.. Why should they keep taking the time to help you? They are only saying leave it alone for a reason..

Not to be mean & say you cant bother your critters.. But so you dont stress them so much and they die..

If its in premolt.. Watch it.. Dont touch it, move its enclosure, open it enclosure, breath on it, blow in the little vent hole to see if it will move, NOTHING... It is for you t's own good...& yours as well..

Just feed it.. Water it... Watch it.. You will enjoy the hobby much more if you stop stressing over everything.. :)

Good luck on the molt if it is premolt.... :razz:

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
If you are not going to listen to anyone suggestions.. Why should they keep taking the time to help you? They are only saying leave it alone for a reason..

Not to be mean & say you cant bother your critters.. But so you dont stress them so much and they die..

If its in premolt.. Watch it.. Dont touch it, move its enclosure, open it enclosure, breath on it, blow in the little vent hole to see if it will move, NOTHING... It is for you t's own good...& yours as well..

Just feed it.. Water it... Watch it.. You will enjoy the hobby much more if you stop stressing over everything.. :)

Good luck on the molt if it is premolt.... :razz:
Redneck, I think you've got this all wrong. Since the first Avic problem, I haven't watched, touched, moved, etc. them. In fact, I was even worried to move my Pulchra's container to a spot away from my desk when I saw it's opisthosoma was darker. Other than that one time that I was trying to feed my Avics, all I have been doing is watching my Ts. Pay attention- Newflvr said stalk, not "act like a little kid and annoy your T".

Jaymz Bedell

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, I probably will. I just don't know what's bad or good or normal with them. They're such complicated creatures; I've never experienced something this unusual. Honestly, almost all my pets may as well come with a manual (setting aside my button quails).
the best thing you can do to learn whats normal is to research here, once you think you've done enough research do a lot more. then observe, observe doesn't involve touching the spider or its enclosure, your spiders. this will save you a lot of time posting simple questions and leave you time for posting big questions, and enjoying your pets. tarantulas really aren't that complicated or complex compared to a lot of other pets. observe, don't play helicopter (that means hovering), and enjoy. the more you look for things that are wrong or out of the ordinary the more things wrong or out of the ordinary you will find. and a lot of those out of the ordinary or wrong things that you find will be all in your head. sit back, relax, research, learn, observe, and don't worry about every little detail, you will end up doing more harm than good. try to disturb the animals as little as possible, don't constantly pick up their containers, or fuss over them. look, observe, take mental notes. on top of a lot of research simple observation goes a very long way.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
then observe, observe doesn't involve touching the spider or its enclosure, your spiders. try to disturb the animals as little as possible, don't constantly pick up their containers, or fuss over them. look, observe, take mental notes. on top of a lot of research simple observation goes a very long way.
God, WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS SAY THAT!?! Let me get this clear- I have not touched, nor moved, nor blown on, anything except looked at my T. I don't disturb the Ts AT ALL. All I've done this whole time is "observed" and maybe moved the containers once to a different area so they won't be on my desk.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Redneck, I think you've got this all wrong. Since the first Avic problem, I haven't watched, touched, moved, etc. them. In fact, I was even worried to move my Pulchra's container to a spot away from my desk when I saw it's opisthosoma was darker. Other than that one time that I was trying to feed my Avics, all I have been doing is watching my Ts. Pay attention- Newflvr said stalk, not "act like a little kid and annoy your T".
God, WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS SAY THAT!?! Let me get this clear- I have not touched, nor moved, nor blown on, anything except looked at my T. I don't disturb the Ts AT ALL. All I've done this whole time is "observed" and maybe moved the containers once to a different area so they won't be on my desk.
Do you breath around the containers you T is in? I bet you do.. If you dont.. Good job! :clap: But I bet you breath... Being that you breath.. You breath IS going in the T's container with them.. Hence.. Why people are say DONT hoover... The breath that is going in your T's container.. THEY FEEL IT.. Which means you are stressing them..

You ask how *I* know your breath is going the container? Simple.. Experiance.. I can bee feeding my P. regalis on one shelf.. But my P. pulcher feels the change in the air/wind/what have you... She comes flying out and attacks the vent holes.. She does it all the time.. Not everytime.. But enough for me to know she feels the air change & it bothers her to attack or makes her think there is food there..

Now.. Was that enough of me paying attention?

Might not be a little kid annoying your T's.. But that was deff. a little kids responce..

Hope you have a good one.. And again.. Good luck with the molt....... :)

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Do you breath around the containers you T is in? I bet you do.. If you dont.. Good job! :clap: But I bet you breath... Being that you breath.. You breath IS going in the T's container with them.. Hence.. Why people are say DONT hoover... The breath that is going in your T's container.. THEY FEEL IT.. Which means you are stressing them..

You ask how *I* know your breath is going the container? Simple.. Experiance.. I can bee feeding my P. regalis on one shelf.. But my P. pulcher feels the change in the air/wind/what have you... She comes flying out and attacks the vent holes.. She does it all the time.. Not everytime.. But enough for me to know she feels the air change & it bothers her to attack or makes her think there is food there..

Might not be a little kid annoying your T's.. But that was deff. a little kids responce..

Thanks. Anyways, I'm far away from my T containers. When I look at them, it's from faraway. That's why I got worried when I saw such a noticeable difference. The only thing that could add stress is when I throw in a cricket. And I never asked how you know your breath goes in the container...

P.S.
When my Avics got into the 50 drams and I threw in crickets, they ate them right away (1 cricket was given to each). I think the other container was too big.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
relax... you're overthinking it. (i've noticed its kind of like with fish, if you get to fussy you're just as likely to screw something up from messing with stuff too much out of enthusiasm, almost worse than being borderline negligent).

buy some more Ts if you are going to be constantly wanting (not saying you are ;)) to bother the ones you have, or some other type of pet that thrives on attention. one tarantula probably wont be much entertainment, especially if its a slower growing kind. otoh, ten however... :D

ah, it's the addiction talking... i think. we all need more Ts {D{D{D

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
relax... you're overthinking it. (i've noticed its kind of like with fish, if you get to fussy you're just as likely to screw something up from messing with stuff too much out of enthusiasm, almost worse than being borderline negligent).

buy some more Ts if you are going to be constantly wanting (not saying you are ;)) to bother the ones you have, or some other type of pet that thrives on attention. one tarantula probably wont be much entertainment, especially if its a slower growing kind. otoh, ten however... :D

ah, it's the addiction talking... i think. we all need more Ts {D{D{D
I'M NOT BO- oh wait, forgot to read inside the parentheses. Anyways, I have 4 Ts. At this point, I definitely want some more. You're right, I give too much attention to mine. There's this guy who is selling a bunch of stuff and he's local, so...yeah.

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These guys are exaggerating. Avics live in trees that sway in the wind all day long.

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love a snorting woman. I also expel gas in close proximity to my T's. Is that a problem too?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These guys are exaggerating. Avics live in trees that sway in the wind all day long.
Yeah.. Avics do live in trees... The trees probably do sway in the wind all day long..

But avics also web... They web nice tubes for them to hide in.. Try this little experiment at home..

Blow on an avic that is not in a tube web.. Then turn around & blow on one that is in a tube web..

Which one was affected by you breathing on it? Not the one that is in its tube web..

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just blew three times on my A versicolor that is out of his web. He only moved slightly after the third time, which was a lung full. He is sitting right under a huge vent. He is quite docile. Next?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just blew three times on my A versicolor that is out of his web. He only moved slightly after the third time, which was a lung full. He is sitting right under a huge vent. He is quite docile. Next?
He moved.. He obviously was affected by you blowing on him... How about the one that is in the tube web.. I bet it does not move.. Oh wait.. You on completed half of the experiment.. Good job.. :clap:

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just blew in my P. irminia cage and got a feeding response. He does the same thing when I talk on the phone. He is trying to eat my voice.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Just blew in my P. irminia cage and got a feeding response. He does the same thing when I talk on the phone. He is trying to eat my voice.
Be it a feeding responce or defensive responce.. They are affected by you breathing on them.. Your own comments prove my point..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.