versicolor ventilation

nomadofthehills

Arachnopeon
Is this enough?

then some pics of their enclosure:

got 2 of them on saturday at the long island show for 25 each. interestingly, the seller went to SUNY ESF, where I am a freshmen :)

Last edited:

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks good to me. I just did the same thing this past weekend; I ordered 2 T's last week, one of em an A. Versicolor sling. I got a container similar to yours and drilled a bunch of holes in the top. I think your little guys should be just fine~~~

How big are your T's?

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It should be enough but it wouldn't hurt to have some holes drilled about a half inch above the substrate.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i agree, drill some more holes on one side near the substrate level - thus, the air can circulate properly - voilà better ventilation :D

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just not big enough for the crix to escape ;)
jason

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
One more thing... put something on top of that lid when they get a little bigger...... I had a 2" pokie push up the lid and go on a self guided tour of the T room without permission. :cool:

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Personally I'd mark out one entire side via a grid and drill small holes all the way from the bottom to the top. The most important thing is airflow and the more spread you have on the holes the better the airflow becomes. I've seen many versis croak because of too little airflow and eventhough I don't have many arboreals I actually doubt there is one that needs more than a versi.

How did you make those holes anyway, they look kinda smudgy and I can actually not make out penetration on those pictures :?

All that is not to say that it may not work like you have it, I'd just do it anyway to be on the safe side. Good luck with your T!

Edit: Didn't se the top pic at first. That looks way better, had only seen the side holes before. But I still stand by what I said before, it's just not as urgent ;)

Last edited:

nomadofthehills

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the suggestions.

I made the holes by heating up a tiny screwdriver and pushing it through the plastic.