Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And a better view of the vivarium:

Last edited:

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks good..I am s'pecting my sling tommorow WOOT WOOT WOOT!!! I am so excited...work today, then school tonite...then bed early so I can get up and sit downstairs for eight hours and wait for that door bell to ring...

where did you get your supplies..i was going to go searching for something a little better then tupperware tonite :D

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey, big d, any chance we could get together sometime and i could get some tips on my setups?

wooz

Arachnopeon
where i can find text about "how to setup T house"?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here are instructions that I prepared back in February for making a setup like the one I have shown here.

On a side note, I show two different lid designs on the directions. A shallow lid that I use for terrestrials and a deep lid that I actually use for the base of the arborials. I no longer advise using the shallow lid for terrestrials. I had my tiger rump pry the lid off a few times and escape. I found him within a week twice with no problems. But the third time I found him dead. I had been putting a weight on the lid to keep him from escaping. But the couple of times that I forgot to put the weight on, he escaped. I was actually going in to put him into a small critter keeper when I had noticed that he had escaped for the final time before dieing.

Directions for Large Sling Enclosures

Hope this helps.

Jon

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks very similar to my tiny purpurea's tank, only I've done away with the lid and replaced it with a pair of tights to max ventilation. Wish we could get those containers in this country, they look perfect for slings! :)

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice set up, is the corkbark glued to the top section so you can take off the top without disturbing the T?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by SpiderTwin
Nice set up, is the corkbark glued to the top section so you can take off the top without disturbing the T?
Yes, the corkbark is glued to the sides with a gluegun. IME, avics do all their webbing highh, so this way, I can open the tank w/o messing up the webbing.

Jon