Versicolor Sling Molting Woes

MrWhite

Arachnopeon
Hi all, long time no post!
All has been going well with my collection, but my prized versi sling has had a nightmare of a molt!
Started to molt Saturday morning, when I came back to check on it some 2 hours later, all that had happened was the carapace had popped. This was the situation still when I went to bed, and it was the same Sunday morning. The rest of the T is still inside the old exo! I've kept the tub warm and moist in the hope it will be able to continue the molt but as of today it's still stuck. Still alive, as indicated by struggling of the legs, but it's unable to move freely.
Is there any hope I can save the poor fellow? Would it be wise to transfer him to an ICU type set up and try had feeding him in the hope he'll be able to survive to the next molt and sort himself out?
Any help is much appreciated.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi all, long time no post!
All has been going well with my collection, but my prized versi sling has had a nightmare of a molt!
Started to molt Saturday morning, when I came back to check on it some 2 hours later, all that had happened was the carapace had popped. This was the situation still when I went to bed, and it was the same Sunday morning. The rest of the T is still inside the old exo! I've kept the tub warm and moist in the hope it will be able to continue the molt but as of today it's still stuck. Still alive, as indicated by struggling of the legs, but it's unable to move freely.
Is there any hope I can save the poor fellow? Would it be wise to transfer him to an ICU type set up and try had feeding him in the hope he'll be able to survive to the next molt and sort himself out?
Any help is much appreciated.

This may or may not work but if you have a humidifer try using that to make it more humid in the room your molting T is in... this may help with the molt...I use a humidifer more times than not and so far my only T that molted, molted 100% without issue...so imo its worth a try.

rooster

Arachnopeon
I have an old rose hair that when it molted it didnt flip onto its back, and when it was done molting its carapace and the top half or its abdomen were still stuck to it. I got it real humid in her house and pulled off the pieces with tweezers. It worked good, but im sure shes alot larger then your sling, so that may be tricky. It took her along time to molt and because of the awkward position she did it in she doesnt seem to walk right now, like her front legs didnt get to stretch right or something. I hope all ends well with your sling tho, good luck.

Avic_Addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We had an A.Avic in once that was still stuck inside its moult after 24 hours and unbelievably was still alive. Desperate times called for desperate measures and seeing as it was obvious that upping the humidity wasn't going to help in this case, we tried mixing one or two drops of pure glycerine (available from most pharmacies) with a few ml of warm water and carefully dropped this onto the external moult using a syringe, being sure to avoid getting it in the booklungs. It worked beautifully - the old moult softened up and the poor exhausted thing managed to wriggle out a few hours later having only lost one leg in the process. It was a gamble that paid off, but I would only suggest trying it if you are absolutely sure that the spider is 100% stuck with no alternatives, as there is quite a high risk of getting the solution in the booklungs and drowning it.