versicolor question

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My versicolor is really weird it spends more time on the ground than it does on the side of the tank and barely webs. it doesnt eat but its not losing weight. When I put small crickets in there (small enough for it to over power) they eventually die. does anyone know whats wrong?...Also The second picture is of my Sri Lankan Ornamental (Poecilotheria fasciata)...As you can see I have nothing in there with him/her....Should I get som more fake plants or just something? I know some people dont use hides for their terresterials so i wasnt sure if i NEEDED to use one for my Pokie.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That versicolor looks very, very mature male. I'd ship it off for breeding before it keels over. :)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That versicolor looks very, very mature male. I'd ship it off for breeding before it keels over. :)
I dont know it looks like a sling to me, and he's talking about giving it small crickets that it can overpower. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont know it looks like a sling to me, and he's talking about giving it small crickets that it can overpower. :rolleyes:
Yea its closer to sling-ish than an adult...If this is in fact and adult this is the SMALLEST adult Avicularia I ever seen.

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
put a radio by the cage and put a cd with rainforest sounds on and watch and see what happens. you'll see a change. Also perkill the food for that versi.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
With those pedipalps? :confused: I'm just sayin'.

I've seen people talk about male avics maturing very small, sometimes as soon as a year old.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya but that think looks 3/4" at most 1.5". I seriously doubt its anywhere near mature. :}

chilean

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think you should definetly put something with the pokie; substrate, a log (to walk on), a plant or a pot of some sort, something... It doesn't look too much like a natural habitat to me :(

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well for your A versicolor I guess that it's in premolt for that reason it doesn't eat... and for the poecilotheria put some corks and rocks maybe some plants like ficus sp.