Versicolor habitat?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Do it right. Put it in smaller enclosure. Ideally, that enclosure needs more vertical cork bark in it. Plus some foliage up top for anchor points. Needs water dish. Needs mesh lid replaced with drilled acrylic.

mellow

Arachnobaron
Yeah you should never keep tarantulas in a enclosure with a mesh lid, and definitely needs more cork bark, you probably need to try again with a smaller enclosure, but you could use that big one to keep something else that would do better in an enclosure of that size. 😃

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
More "completely redoing the enclosure because it's not suitable at all". There should be stuff to climb, plant clutter up top, a water dish, and the enclosure should be kept mostly dry.

Example of a suitable Aviculariinae setup below.

Avicularinae setup.jpg

I wouldn't house anything under 3" in a glass Exo Terra. In the meantime, house it in a smaller enclosure, slings are fine in a 32oz deli cup set up like so.
Avicularinae sling setup.jpg

Juveniles can be housed in a tall 1 gallon tub set up in a similar fashion.

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
That looks like an avic death box if you ask me. Not suitable at all. What's with the swamp at the bottom?

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
What is that at the bottom? Looks like courgette spaghetti! But in all seriousness use the links previously posted and you’ll be good.

mgsmid

Arachnopeon
so my enclosure needs more stuff , that would make it smaller. This is the natural habitat.
. Wet, humid, open, airy. ill add to the enclosure and update. im thinking sticks and pothos. (I've put a few cuts in water waiting for roots)

mgsmid

Arachnopeon
so my enclosure needs more stuff , that would make it smaller. This is the natural habitat.
. Wet, humid, open, airy. ill add to the enclosure and update. im thinking sticks and pothos

Attachments

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Adding more plants to this set up will kill your T even faster. You can't imitate their natural habitat in a terrarium, no matter how well ventilated.

Please, for the sake of your T, don't go that route. Follow the advice you've been given and your T will live a long and happy life.

mgsmid

Arachnopeon
1:40 it chose a crevasse in a tree 2:20 a crevasse in a tree 3:44 a man made tube 4:53 banana wedge ( man made cuts ) 5:59 a palm/banana close to the ground 6:30 just looks like he got caught in the sunlight and it hiding. 6:55 a wedge in a house. 7:10 another wedge looks like a dracaena flower. 7:21 pothos (hunting?)... point is i see open complicated spaces except the man made tube... i think they need space water and cover

mgsmid

Arachnopeon
Adding more plants to this set up will kill your T even faster. You can't imitate their natural habitat in a terrarium, no matter how well ventilated.

Please, for the sake of your T, don't go that route. Follow the advice you've been given and your T will live a long and happy life.
yeah i kind of agree

mgsmid

Arachnopeon
it annoys me that people accept sudden avic death as just common. why? pink toes are a very common successful species, maybe something is wrong with our approach to caring for them