Versicolor Doing the Death Curl?

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
One of my Versi slings seems to be doing the death curl. The pedipalps were a little curled but moving. The upper right leg, when I looked, was curled. I (I know, stupid idea) tapped the glass and the Versicolor snapped back into the normal position. I'm worried, because now he/she went in that position again. Is it the death curl? What's happening?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One of my Versi slings seems to be doing the death curl. The pedipalps were a little curled but moving. The upper right leg, when I looked, was curled. I (I know, stupid idea) tapped the glass and the Versicolor snapped back into the normal position. I'm worried, because now he/she went in that position again. Is it the death curl? What's happening?
It is probably just cleaning itself. But a picture would benefit greatly. If it is in a deathcurl (which you don't know if it is) put it in an ICU. But if it snapped back it is probably just cleaning itself. Just post a picture for us to see.

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My P. Irminia did this a while back, she put a few legs under her and her fangs were out, she snapped back as you described. My guess is that she was just in a resting state

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
My P. Irminia did this a while back, she put a few legs under her and her fangs were out, she snapped back as you described. My guess is that she was just in a resting state
He's all better. I think it was just an acclimation thing.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is it hanging from the side of it's container or from off some of the decor? If it's curling while hanging, I wouldn't worry.

I'd be way more worried if it's on the substrate, unable to stay on the sides, with more then one leg curled.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Is it hanging from the side of it's container or from off some of the decor? If it's curling while hanging, I wouldn't worry.

I'd be way more worried if it's on the substrate, unable to stay on the sides, with more then one leg curled.
It's hanging on the sides. The sender (who will remain unnamed) used the straw packing method, which could have possibly been a case for dehydration.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
It's hanging on the sides. The sender (who will remain unnamed) used the straw packing method, which could have possibly been a case for dehydration.
I received a bunch of slings recently and the senders chose to use the straw method. The dram vial that the straws were in was moist and not dry at all. All the slings were in perfect condition and they all ate 15 minutes after they were transfered into their new enclosures. The straw method I think is fantastic for protecting the tiny slings from being shuffled around during shipping. I wouldnt think its from that. All my arboreals cling to the side of their enclosures and I watch them clean themselves all the time, running their legs over their fangs. Totally normal behavior. As long as your humidity and temps are good I wouldnt worry about it.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I received a bunch of slings recently and the senders chose to use the straw method. The dram vial that the straws were in was moist and not dry at all. All the slings were in perfect condition and they all ate 15 minutes after they were transfered into their new enclosures. The straw method I think is fantastic for protecting the tiny slings from being shuffled around during shipping. I wouldnt think its from that. All my arboreals cling to the side of their enclosures and I watch them clean themselves all the time, running their legs over their fangs. Totally normal behavior. As long as your humidity and temps are good I wouldnt worry about it.
Perfect, then!