versicolor aerobics????

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
I just peeked in on my versi, its about 2.5 inches, and its abdomen was off and up to one side??? Any ideas?

Jen

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Did you disturb it? Somtimes Avic's will move their abdomen up and down and from side to side to try and rub their urticating hairs on you if they are disturbed.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I hardly ever see my Versicolor because she's always hiding in her web. :(

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was watching my G.rosea (I know you're talking about Avics) cleaning itself the other night and it seemed to be making "gloves" for it's back feet, which it then rubbed itself down with on the abdomen and other legs. I was very impressed. I mention this because to web up it's feet it had to twist it's abdomen quite extremely to one side.

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
The silly thing molted last night! I thought for sure it was going to die. Ive decieded that I need a memo so I know a molt is coming LOL I dont know why that feat freaks me out so much. Its gone from the blue and black chevron abdomen to the red. Its soooo pretty : )

thanks everyone!!!

Jen

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Versicoler

Mine has not molted yet.

Do they come out of there web to molt on the ground or can they do it in the web?

-Charlie

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beware though; one of these molts will most definitely spark the strong fascination for the inside of its web :p
Avics are very beautiful, as well as many obligate burrowers, but how strong of a fascination do you need with these guys and primarily gals to appreciate them over time? Well, perhaps it's more individual than I think(the fascination of web-insides and undergrounds). I would like to think so. At least when it concerns Avics.

Last edited:

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've seen mine molt in his tube web - but stuck to the side of the jar....Like he often sits, but just snuck out the back of his exoskeleton.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know I've been pimping this picture alot but I just love the colors on my Versi after she recently molted. Gaze in wonder and awe at my 3 inch Juvie Asia.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Charlie,
Avic's will usually build a web to molt in. They will build the web and seal it up tight so nothing can get in. A number of days after molting, they will come out of the web looking for food.