versi sperm web

rospin

Arachnopeon
Last April 17-18, my versicolor molted (now a little over 3"), a week and a half later it ate a meal worm( i saw the remains). seeing it has eaten, i decided to move it to it's ultimate enclosure (dimension 12"x12"x24"). For the first few days it explored it's new home, then finally settled on a spot to start webbing. At this point i didn't offer it food, because i wanted him to get settled in first.

Last May 1, i noticed something different with it's web, it wasn't the normal tube web (like it made before), and there was no opening. He had completely sealed himself in its web.

Another thing i observed, is that his behavior is different, like he's in a premolt behavior. hardly moving & not eating.

a friend told me that it might be still getting used to its new enclosure, and to just not feed it until it hunts.

another friend told me, it could have made a spermweb. I told him, from what i have read, mature males destroy their spermwebs soon after being constructed, be he said that his minatrix didn't destroy it's spermweb until after 12 days..

i have been trying to google for images of spermwebs of any arboreal Ts, but the only ones that come up are those made by terrestrial Ts.

does anybody have photos of their arboreal spermwebs? as of now, i just let him be, and am continuing to observe him, watching for any signs of him being back to his normal self..

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There's actually another thread on this. Someone's arboreal did the exact same thing (I think it was Cyriopagopus sp. blue) I think it's probably just premolt behavior. My A. metallica does this when he's ready to molt and wants to do it on the side of the tank.

rospin

Arachnopeon
There's actually another thread on this. Someone's arboreal did the exact same thing (I think it was Cyriopagopus sp. blue) I think it's probably just premolt behavior. My A. metallica does this when he's ready to molt and wants to do it on the side of the tank.
like i said..it had just molted 3 weeks ago, had one meal worm at 1 1/2wk postmolt, then nothing.

can Ts molt again without stuffing themselves?