Versi color help....!

fleckster48

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I have a 3 year old versi that is about 4 in in diameter. He has always molted in his web but presently is upside down in his water dish which his body fits in and it has about 1/4in of water in it. Should I leave him there and just use a syringe to suck the water out? I'm really worries me as I have three other spiders and they have never done this.

Thank You

poisoned

Arachnodemon
There were a few reports of avics lying in water dish recently and as far as I know, they mostly ended in bad way. Do some search and you will find them. I'd maybe try to take it out of the dish, but I have no experience with situations like this.

---------- Post added 07-20-2012 at 12:43 AM ----------

And put it in ICU of course

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When did it past molt? How long has it been there? A T can molt in a water dish. Search for the user WARPIG. His A. seemanni frequently molts in the dish.

Post some pics. You don't need to disturb it and move it into an ICU if it is molting.

fleckster48

Arachnopeon
Thanks for your replies. I don't know what to think now he is back on the side of the cage above his water dish. Its been at least 7 or 8 months since he last molted and had been quite active. Crawling on his tree bark and spending very little time in his web home. If I can I will try to get a picture of him. It looks like he has lost some of the hair on his legs and the bottom of his abdomen is black. He also seems to move rather slowly. I'm not really sure what to do for him.

---------- Post added 07-19-2012 at 10:00 PM ----------

Ok, he's in ICU and I've said a prayer....hope Flash lives to see many more days....!

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Post some pics of your T and it's setup. Is it a mature male?

Sounds as if it fell into the water dish if it's crawled back out.