verry sick A.Versicolor i think

rayford

Arachnopeon
hello anyone that is watching. i have a 1 1/2 in A. Versicolor and she is not eating and she is geting scary thin. She also is not walking right she is verry tipsy and can not hang on to any kink of surface and her legs seem very wobly. can any one tell me anything about this.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
can I see a pic? or give me more info? this doesnt sound good but I cant say exactly whats up :? are you keeping it hydrated? when you say "thin" I think dehydrated

rayford

Arachnopeon
i don't think hummidity is prob

the room is about 60-70% humidity and it is in a small container with not too many holes in it but also a moist piece of cotton in the bottom. i will try to get pic. thanks for respons

rayford

Arachnopeon
pic

here is the pic she seems to be moving better than earlier, but she still can not hang on to anything.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
well the pic isnt so great but the T looks fine to me :) my little versi looks just like that and also will not eat due to pre-molt. also I suggest not using cotton! its bad for the T (not 100% sure why but I kno its not a good idea). try using sphagnum moss. I find it works best.

rayford

Arachnopeon
thanks

ok thanks for the tips. what do u think about the T not being able to hang on to anything. The other reason y i am worried is i have 3 others that r doing great and the abdomens on them r 3 times the size. i did have a problem with one other versicolor but it was only thin not acting all weird like this one is. and i am also new to the T's so i am worried all the time about them.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She's in pre-molt.

With avics in particular you can see the sticky feet getting less sticky the closer they get to a molt. They also get clumsy, and refuse food. More than likely it'll molt soon enough.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd say it sounds like premolt also :)

The cotton ball is a bad idea as it could support bacteria & all sorts of stuff. Just mist a section of the container every few days.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When you say clumsy, do you mean it's acting like it is wearing stilts on all of it's legs? If that is what you mean, then it is almost ready to molt. mine was doing this a week ago just before it molted.

rayford

Arachnopeon
thanks u very much ppl

thank u guys verry much for your replys. she has not yet molted and still a little funny acting, but u guys give me great hopes that she is fine. also is the coton a bad idea if u r changing it every week or so.:razz:

rayford

Arachnopeon
still no molt

no molt yet it has been about 2 weeks since it ate, still hopeing

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If the versi is still the same (acting wise) place it into ICU, you can't do any harm by it, and it will help hydrate the T.

Small deli cup with moist paper towel (no standing water) should help your versi.

Two weeks is not that bad between feedings, but I feed all my avi slings at two week intervals, and they eat.

PIG-

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Has it started doing the upside down hanging thing. Mine do that for about a week before they molt. When mine was ready to finally molt, it would lose it's footing occasionally.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You should try offering him a different food some Avic slings are usually picky in my experience.

rayford

Arachnopeon
no obvious signs yet

i don't know what is going on with the little thing but i wish she would just molt and eat. she is not hanging upside down or anything sh just sits in the bottom of the vile. some of her legs r starting to look very thin though maybe it is a sign.
thank for reply

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
btw you should put a stick or something in there so she can climb, its easier then walking on glass :)