Vermiculite and sphagnum moss brands??

Newtot

Arachnosquire
Hi guys im looking for brands that i can get from home depot. I recently had a femal E murinus die from drying out to much. I assume thats what happened. My house is staying super dry. Im gonna run a humidifier too. Want to make sure whatever i get is good. Thanks

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
ZooMed New Zealand Sphagnum is good. Pet stores or Wal Mart, or online. I typically avoid home depot for pet needs other than the soil they sometimes sell. You can just cut into smaller pieces and mix into the soil. You can bury some around the hide as well. During dry times just wet a good chunk of your substrate and allow to dry, The sphag will hold water better.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Hy, save yourself the humidifier and put some plants in the apartment. You have more of that.
You don't have to buy moss. The best moss can usually be found in the forest around the corner. Pick a nice green piece that is not too damp and take it with you. Simple, cheap, efficient!

DSCN5862.JPG
Taken while running a week ago...

Nongkym

Arachnopeon
I have had success using the orchid moss (mostly for my frogs) which can be found for sale at Lowes and Home Depot.
1610565935485.png