Ventral sexing poecilotheria

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
I suspect that one is male.. Its tiny though so not much more than a guess.
I agree. (He) is still so tiny that I'm not going to call it for sure yet, but to me, the dot is already pretty prominent. Thanks for the input!

lunarae

Arachnobaron
From the pics Advan posted having a comparison sure you might make a lucky guess which is which. But with that species and just having one and not another of the same species opposite sex to compare to? I think that'd be near impossible to vent sex.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
From the pics Advan posted having a comparison sure you might make a lucky guess which is which. But with that species and just having one and not another of the same species opposite sex to compare to? I think that'd be near impossible to vent sex.
Not saying I'm right but I'm usually not wrong.. Been at this for a while now..

Last edited:

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Not saying I'm right but I'm usually not wrong.. Been at this for awhile now..
Oh I wasn't commenting that in regards to what you said, but in general to how difficult it appears to be. I wouldn't even try and phantom a guess myself between those. I have trouble sexing via spermacathae (Granted all my T's are still slings), I gave up even trying ventral cause I always get those wrong...>.>

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Oh I wasn't commenting that in regards to what you said, but in general to how difficult it appears to be. I wouldn't even try and phantom a guess myself between those. I have trouble sexing via spermacathae (Granted all my T's are still slings), I gave up even trying ventral cause I always get those wrong...>.>
Don't give up.. It just takes practice..

Honestly I think pokies can be tricky to vent sex.. Just about a year ago I had to ask poec54 about a P.ornata.. And those are usually easy!

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Don't give up.. It just takes practice..

Honestly I think pokies can be tricky to vent sex.. Just about a year ago I had to ask poec54 about a P.ornata.. And those are usually easy!
Don't most pokies have a dot method I keep hearing about?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Don't most pokies have a dot method I keep hearing about?
Pretty much looks like a small circle either apearing bald or with shortened bristles. just below the first set of book lungs anterior to the furrow ( on the upper lip).. Usually means its a male.. It's not always easy to spot though like in advans example.

Zsofia

Arachnopeon
Hi mates! Can you help me to sexing this L7 Poecilotheria metallica?
[/URL][/IMG]

Soupbone

Arachnopeon
Look female but i think male. Slid not pronounced enough or needs to grow still if it is actually female. Maybe too soon to tell

Zsofia

Arachnopeon
Look female but i think male. Slid not pronounced enough or needs to grow still if it is actually female. Maybe too soon to tell
THX a lot, Soupbone! I hope, after the next molt i will know the answer...