Ventilation Concern

Leeum

Arachnopeon
I recently acquired my first scorp (H. Spinifer), a beautiful & healthy juvenile/sub-adult (not sure, but the telson appears white) and had a concern regarding the ventilation in my 10 gallon glass aquarium.

I've read conflicting reports of people covering 80-90% of their mesh lids to preserve humidity versus arguments that favor more ventilation and even adding cross ventilation.

What do you guys think? I use a non-cheap hygrometer and the humidity usually takes a day to drop below 80% (I aim for the 75-85% window) and I have been misting lightly every morning to get it back just over 80% humidity. The temp is usually high 70s to low 80s. Would the air be too stagnant with only 10% of the mesh lid uncovered? Should I bother drilling holes in the glass for cross ventilation?

Any tips would be appreciated.

ScorpionObsession

Arachnosquire
I've been keeping my Heterometrus scorpions in a 10 gallon with 80% of the top covered with daily sprays for about a month and they seem happy:)

Leonardo the Mage

Arachnosquire
I've had 90% of the lid of my P. imperator's enclosure covered for almost a year and they're still kicking.

Leeum

Arachnopeon
So neither of you guys have any cross ventilation holes in your enclosures? That makes me feel a bit better if that's the case.

Thanks for the info :)