Venomous? Impressive...

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here is an article on the Regal Ringneck Snake (Diadophis punctatus regalis) by a gentleman, Mike Fedzen I see participating on various reptile culture message boards.

Venomous?

Now that is one mean lil snake-eating snake whom I definitely underestimated. I would like to own one someday, one that will take mice. Aren't garter snakes abit expensive for feeders? *shrugs*

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:clap: wow very cool, i used to keep ringnecks when i was a little kid,they ate earthworms,salamanders,little frogs etc, i know they could eat little snakes,but goodsized ones,very impressive for the "ole little ringneck" very cool.

myrmecophile

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sad that he is stillposting. He seems to get off on feeding to extreme. I see no useful purpose in his feeding trials other than to shock. Yes we know ringnecks eat other snakes we dont need to see how big a snake they can take. If it was just one instance I could see it but his posts are constantly filled with this sort of thing.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had no idea this was a continuous behavior, my apologies. What fascinated me is the speculation of Regal Ringneck Snake venom potency towards Kingsnakes nothing else.

That has some scientific validation and significance but only under a controlled biological study, both natural in the field and possibly laboratory too.

Extreme feeding is principly as low as dog pits and cock fighting.