Venom washing?

MountainMushie

Arachnopeon
Last night I was checking on a gravid adult H. hottentotta and noticed she appeared to be "washing" herself with her own venom. She was beneath a rock hide with her body raised high off the ground, rubbing her telson back and forth across her body, the left half of which, along with the telson, was coated in some sort of clear fluid. As she did this she also appeared to be purposefully sliding her legs and front left pedipalp across each other, further spreading the liquid. She has no visible injuries and her water dish is filled with stones and too small for her to have gotten into regardless. I havent been able to find any information on this or anything like it. Anyone know anything about this or what it could be?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Last night I was checking on a gravid adult H. hottentotta and noticed she appeared to be "washing" herself with her own venom. She was beneath a rock hide with her body raised high off the ground, rubbing her telson back and forth across her body, the left half of which, along with the telson, was coated in some sort of clear fluid. As she did this she also appeared to be purposefully sliding her legs and front left pedipalp across each other, further spreading the liquid. She has no visible injuries and her water dish is filled with stones and too small for her to have gotten into regardless. I havent been able to find any information on this or anything like it. Anyone know anything about this or what it could be?
Sounds like grooming to me. They do that, though I rarely see my Scorpions doing it due to them being more reclusive than my Tarantulas.