Venezuelan sun tiger

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In that case, they would all be female clones of the mother, correct? Has he kept any of them to a sexable age?
there are two types of parthenogenesis (in reptiles at least). One type produces all females, but there is another that strangely enough produces all males. it has to do with how the chromosomes pair up.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You're right! I remeber seeing a documentary about that one! Is anybody currently doing any in-depth research on tarantula dna?

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Venesuelan sun tiger

HEllo ALl,
Thanks for all your comments, all the sling are really small, I hope I get to keep some slings for myself.

I will let you guys know if they will be for sale or not.
thanks
Ftorres

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
slings

I hope you'll post a few pics of the slings. Group pics are great.

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just one oberservation from my end of things.. had my female for 6 years now, never had a sac made...

Not sayin nothin.. just my females behavior over this time period.

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are you sure those are slings not some other parasite? Or did your friend leave for some time and some one replaced her as Nerri suggested?

Pictures would be really helpful.:?

2g33k4u

Arachnopeon
it does happen so far i have only had 2 females do this l straitus (my bad spelling) also a c andersoni both produced phantom sac's in the same month both young females
I have an Avicular Versicolor I had since it was a sling that did a phantom egg. I was confused but then over joyed when i came to realization that I without a doubt had a female. WooWoo

yveskevin

Arachnopeon
I have an Avicular Versicolor I had since it was a sling that did a phantom egg. I was confused but then over joyed when i came to realization that I without a doubt had a female. WooWoo
so was the phantom sac also fertile? did the eggs become slings afterwards?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
so was the phantom sac also fertile? did the eggs become slings afterwards?
How would they get fertilized?

I just had a young irminia female lay a sac. She's about 4", too small for me to pair up (even though I have adult males). At some point she'll give up on the sac and eat it.

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
How would they get fertilized?

I just had a young irminia female lay a sac. She's about 4", too small for me to pair up (even though I have adult males). At some point she'll give up on the sac and eat it.
I thought the same thing.