Velvet gecko care

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Ok so I see these are available in the US, UK and ZA and thought someone here has probably kept these before and offer some advice.
I've bought a pair of Oedura Robusta and I want to house them in a 12x12x12 glass enclosure. One is full size and the other is half its size can I keep them together?
What sort of sub, background and set up is suitable?
I'm leaning towards a bio active set up so any vivarium pictures or ideas appreciated.
I've had leaf tail gecko's for ages but they have clawed feet as opposed to the pads, does sand stick to their feet?

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
yes, i agree with bulbophyllum. That would be much too small. And as for the size of the geckos, I don't know much about this species, but a general rule of all animals is keep the same sizes together. The smaller one will probably get bullied

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
yes, i agree with bulbophyllum. That would be much too small. And as for the size of the geckos, I don't know much about this species, but a general rule of all animals is keep the same sizes together. The smaller one will probably get bullied
Yeah fair enough. The breeder I bought these from must have had 20-30 breeding pairs of all different species in 30cm×30cm exo Terra cubes, they were in good health (and fat) so I thought it must have been a thing. They are in temporary housing at the moment and I have quite a few spare ten and 20 gallon exo's plus other brands I will set them up with a 20 gallon tall each but it seems like they will get lost in there or maybe have issues finding the crickets, time will tell I guess.
Cheers for the input

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
maybe go for a 10? It depends if the gecko is on the smaller or larger side of their size range
I've set up a 10 gallon already and just started getting a 20 gallon ready to go now.
Yeah I still appreciate the input I've decided to try and see how they are and have a 10 gal ready to go if they don't get along.

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
oh ok that's a good idea. I'd suggest putting a camera on them to catch any signs of bullying/fighting

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
So it was hard to find info on these guys but this is what I've come with, I have decided to house them all individually until the smaller one gets a bit bigger plus I got another two juveniles noe, then I will go for a planted 40 gallon tall exo terra with lots of hiding places.
Anyway just put them in a 10 gal each, which seems to be ample space for the moment. The bigger gecko has less clutter and more wall space.
IMG_20200411_094613.jpg
Interior.
IMG_20200411_094656.jpg
And another 10 gal for juveniles with lots of vertical bark and hiding spots.
IMG_20200402_132152.jpg

Attachments