Veatamees Centipede

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Boss got one of these for the store. From what I've gathered, they are very venumus, mean, and burrow. I have been drafted to take care of it because everyone else is scared of it. I basicaly need any info you can give me about them. Right now, it is in a large kritter keeper with about four inches of cypress bedding and a watter dish. I didn't know what else to do with it. It is about six inches long. Any help is needed

P.S. what do these things eat? Ive heared krickets/roaches/pinkies?

Thanks!

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had one of these before and yes they are highly venomous!!!!!!! Secondly their speed is lightning quick so do not go messing with it. I kept mine in a gallon glass jar with air holes for humidity and temp. I use potting soil (no pesticides or chemicals) with some sphagnum moss to keep the temps just right. Make sure the substrate you use is damp because they like to borrow and mainly only come up to eat and rest.

As for them eating their like dumpsters!! A 6 inch one could easily take down 10 crickets if hungry enough... They will probably eat any insect that can not harm it. Pinkies i do not recommend their too messy and not healthy for your pede. Id just stick to crickets for the time being.

burmish101

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Their bites hurt but will by no means kill you, I wouldnt consider a Scolopendra highly venomous. Just keep it moist, give it food/water, and dont handle it lol, thats pretty much it.

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It will defanatly NOT be handled. It is being sold in the setup it is in and an extinsive warning will go out to the person who buys it.

Mez

Arachnoknight
Its 'Vietnamese' and 'venomous'. They can fit through tiny gaps.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Also, get it off the cyprus..cocobedding for reptiles or jungle forest substrate