Variation in MM Liphistid

Ambly

Arachnobaron
Hey all,

Long time no post; been away from them internetz. So I've had another Liphistid mature... but I want to call upon your opinions.

My first spider to mature into a male was one of the first 3 I got. It was smaller than the others, grey and banded legs, grew quickly and matured. I got 3 spiderlings about a year or something later, and they looked the same as the aforementioned spider to mature into a male (before it assumed adult coloration). Up until this point, I was certain they were all the same species and still think they are. However, this male to most recently mature is smaller and less solid black... when I shine a light on it, it looks amber.

Would it be unusual for a mature male to be smaller and with some variation in color? The other two spiderlings look like a typical immature L. ornatus with adult coloration.

Ambly

Arachnobaron
Let me also mention that this spider was dormant for a long time, as the other, but appears to have come out as a mature male more quickly than the other. The first spent months of being a mature male (as I could partially see it from the glass) before exiting and searching for a mate. It could be possible it will later darken.