Varden's Spider Room

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
There's been several requests, so here it is. Very messy and in stages of remodelling. In about six months, the hubby should have the new spider building finished and we'll be moving all our breeders into new Exo Terrariums with watering drips and automatic timers. Woot!

Attachments

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Last one, all by itself....All these pictures are of the main spider room. I do not have pictures of the gravid mama's room, where the mechanical mom and eggsacs are. I've got an eggsac in production and too many with the moms to want to risk disturbing them. Besides, it just looks like this anyway. :)

Attachments

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Good grief......... wow. So most of it is shelving attached to the walls?
I might have to try that, I was going to search for metal racks. More money I know but then at least when I wanted to feed and water something I could move the whole rack over to a workstation and do my maint. Maybe shelving is the way to go. Awesome collection!

Whats in the boxes top shelf third picture? The boxes with the mesh screens.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The shelving is attached to the walls. I thought it worked better and in the long run, was cheaper and held more than the metal storage racks. You know, this used to be a really nice master bedroom.

The boxes were fruit fly and beetle traps, but the traps are gone and only the boxes remain...just in case. At one time, we had the cricket and roach containers in here and the main staple that we fed them was fresh carrots. Well, fruit flies just looooove carrots. And those flying beetles that came with the crickets, I forget what they're called, while they didn't hurt anything, they annoyed the hell out of me.

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There's been several requests, so here it is. Very messy and in stages of remodelling. In about six months, the hubby should have the new spider building finished and we'll be moving all our breeders into new Exo Terrariums with watering drips and automatic timers. Woot!
i can help you with the messy part just pick up the boxes of bottled slings {D and any other you had to set on the floor and send them to me :) .....problem solved

really though how do you feed them all takes my forever and i only got a lil over 30

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
This of course deserves a smily. :drool:

That's alot there!

-Sean

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, that is really nice! I don't get a spider room until we get rid of our roommate! (may it be soon)
Right now all of my T's are on a metal shelf in my living room, and the rest, plus my snakes are in my bedroom, on wall shelves and a metal rack at the foot of my bed.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Impressive! :clap: That is alot of spiders haha. I don't think I could even dream of having so much........ ok maybe I can..:rolleyes:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nice one!i would sooo dread feeding/watering time lol.im guessing thats everday tho :wall:

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just had three small sacs hatch out, so my number has jumped up to 2742, with several more eggsacs to go. Woot and pass the tiny crickets!

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just had three small sacs hatch out, so my number has jumped up to 2742, with several more eggsacs to go. Woot and pass the tiny crickets!
whats the new additions?
ill pass you the crickets....only if you pass me the slings ;P

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
@ widowkeeper: The new additions were: C. bechuanicus, H. maculata, C. elegans, H. lividum, and now B. angustum.

@neanyoe: Wow! Those are some nice enclosures. I've been thinking about trying to make my own, but every plexiglass enclosure I've had custom made for me has warped from the temp and humidity.