Vanishing Aureostriata

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I brought home a G.Aureostriata yesterday. She is in a vertimix substrate and only about 1/2'' in size. When I came home from work she was no where to be found. There is no way she could escape. Is it normal for a sling this size to burrow and hide this quickly.
Thanks Jason

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would say thats normal. Mine is around the same size and like a little JCB. He cant half shift that substrate around lol.

The first night home he dug down to the bottom of the substrate and half way around his tub. He doesnt stay in there for long though and is more often that not sitting quite happily in the open.

Elaine

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i have two aureostriata slings (actually sending them off today) and both burrow. it's normal for many terrestrial slings - they will most likely stop to hide once they've reached a decent size.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bulldozers

Yup, these guys are total bulldozers. It's probably constructed a full basement with a family room, bedroom and maybe a wetbar! I keep some loose sphagnum (the longish pieces, not ground up) on top of my Chaco's substrate and it seems to prefer moving this stuff around and using it to seal up various openings and holes. Especially at premolt, mine really seals itself in tight, might not see it for weeks! Good luck, these are fun T's.