Vancouver Aquarium * Picture heavy*

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Great pics.

I was there just last month and missed the penguins and salamanders... dont know how that happened. But you didnt get any pics of their incredible invert display!!!! Just curious if you didnt see it, because its location is terrible to the point I ended up commenting on it. Still waiting to hear back from them.

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
Hey Sid, yeah I did see the invertebrates they had but I wasn't able to get any good pictures, I went on a rainy weekend and it was crowded in there with people, plus I was with a bunch of friends who didn't want to wait around all day while I took photo after photo of glare, reflections, and random body parts in motion.

Maybe I need new friends.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Haha, I like how all of their tarantulas are kept as if they come from the amazon.

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great pictures i love the pic with the blue dart frog on the snakes back.. and the beluga whale. i think the only time i ever seen them was at sea world..

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What is that cage with the frogs AND the snake? Never saw anything like that in zoos over here...

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
A number of their enclosures that house large snakes also seem to have various dart frogs.

Heckboy

Arachnopeon
Haha, I like how all of their tarantulas are kept as if they come from the amazon.
I got a kick out of that, too.
"Oh, look. It's a Chilean rose in the rainforest exhibit!"
Right across from the caimans. Exactly where it would be in nature...

That said, I do enjoy the rainforest exhibit more than anything else.
I can recall back in the day when they used to have their zoo area at Stanley Park; when the otter exhibit was where the native orca sculpture is now. I kind of miss the polar bears.

evilebe

Arachnosquire
i have a question, what is the animal above the axolotl? i saw one at my local zoo several months ago and i have been wondering what it was ever since.

Lividium

Arachnopeon
Great pictures! I used to go to Stanley park zoo every weekend when I was a little kid, I became friends with one of the belugas and she and I would dance together every time we saw each other, I was even able to stay the night on the day she gave birth!
I haven't been there in about 20 years though, thank you for bringing back the wonderful memories!