Vaejovis sp. Escaped!

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
My Vaejovis Confusus is not in it’s enclosure. It’s a tiny scoprion around 2 inches currently and I last saw it Saturday. It’s kept in a secure enclosure and is unable to climb the sides. I’ve checked my room with UV but the fact they’re kept around 1.5m off the ground makes me wonder the chance of it’s survival.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Are you 100% certain it hasn't just burrowed somewhere you can't see? I can't imagine it could have escaped without assistance...

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
-First, i would take the tip from @Albireo Wulfbooper. I can also remember having a semi heart attack thinking one had escaped, searched furiously through the room,
only to later find out that it dug itself a hole in the substrate. Please double check the substrate properly, turn the whole enclosure inside out.
-If we assume it really did escape, i would keep looking for it in the warmer spots in the room and the rooms next to it.
You live in the UK which makes me think you have your heating system turned on at this time of year, look near those components.
You won't find it with the lights turned on or having daylight in the room. Darkness has a higher chance that the runaway scorpion becomes active instead of hiding.
Searching with a UV light works a 100% better in total darkness.
-One time i was doing maintenance on a enclosure, scorpion was in a smaller plastic box on my higher workbench.
Scorpion quietly escaped from the box, i saw it walking across the bench in the corner of my eye.
Right away i fetched a catch cup and tweezers, took me about 4 seconds. (It was a adult L. Quinquestriatus, HOT)
I was too late, scorpy ran right of the bench dropping 120cm (1.2M = approx 4 foot), crashed down onto the hard floor !
After catching and close inspection found absolutely nothing wrong with her, no damage at all, normal behavior ever since.
-Let's just hope you find it deep in the substrate.

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
Turned over the substrate completely. Nothing ! Checked all around the room and the closest heat sources with black light and surrounding area’s accessible but nothing found. I’m hoping I’ll find it in the washing or something eventually!

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
.....your scorpion relaxing and quietly hanging from the ceiling, watching you search under and behind the closets and thinking: Now THAT is how you properly BREXIT !!!
:rofl::rofl::smug::cigar::cigar:

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dump the contents of the enclosure into a bigger bin and search them with a uv light. If it's not in there search for it in the room in complete darkness with a uv light. It'll most likely be wedged in a crack somewhere. Lock down the room if possible. Plug under the door etc. Start from the area if the enclosure n work your way out. Good luck!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Dump the contents of the enclosure into a bigger bin and search them with a uv light. If it's not in there search for it in the room in complete darkness with a uv light. It'll most likely be wedged in a crack somewhere. Lock down the room if possible. Plug under the door etc. Start from the area if the enclosure n work your way out. Good luck!
This

An uneaten mealworm eluded me once so much that I thought for sure it was gone but sure enough when I dumped everything out into a bin I found it.