Vaejovis coahuile

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does anybody know how long these take to mature? I have a brood of slings (some my friend has) and none of them have molted out of second instar since August or September and they are FAT.. have been for a long time.. anyone have experience with these? I have 2 gravid females as well so I will have even more to deal with later. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time, be it just reading or responding. I appreciate it. take care:D

Christopher

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Does anybody know how long these take to mature? I have a brood of slings (some my friend has) and none of them have molted out of second instar since August or September and they are FAT.. have been for a long time.. anyone have experience with these? I have 2 gravid females as well so I will have even more to deal with later. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time, be it just reading or responding. I appreciate it. take care:D

Christopher
i have one at about 4th instar thats over two years old

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dont believe the Vaejovis family usually lives terribly long. from what i have seen under 5 years is usually about it on most species. But thats just me. lol

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks guys... wow 2 years and olny at 4th? sheesh! well I dont feel so bad now.. if they were communal as babies I could have a micro community of scorps :D haha

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine hit 3rd instar around 5+ months from 2nd instar of course. A lot of heat and water will do that to them though. I wouldn't reccomend it though... Just let mother nature do its thing. :)

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I also have some home grown V. coahuilae scorplings that are 4th instar and are over 2years old now. But boy they sure as heck are interesting little guys. I keep them full of food, warm and never dry. I dare say that a 5year lifespan is a bit short.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what substrate do you have them on? they sure are fast! and they kill crickets that are 3x their size lol! do you keep them separately?

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I keep them separately on coco fiber bedding. You can keep them together, I did that originally, but they predate heavily upon one another during molts as I learned the hard way. Adults are much less canibalistic of one another, given that they are all the same size of course.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes I may switch mine back to coco fibre.. though they have done well on sand. I have 2 gravid females who live together they are such small scorpions. I like them though.