Vaejovis carolinianus feeding?

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got four Vaejovis carolinianus, and set them up communally. I know the basics, but I've never had a communal setup, so I was wondering how I should do their feeding.

Would I just throw some feeders in their and let them hunt on their own time, or should I attempt to feed each one and remove anything left over?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I just got four Vaejovis carolinianus, and set them up communally. I know the basics, but I've never had a communal setup, so I was wondering how I should do their feeding.

Would I just throw some feeders in their and let them hunt on their own time, or should I attempt to feed each one and remove anything left over?
I would just put in ample food for them and clean up any leftovers or uneaten prey about a day or two after. Want to make sure there is almost always avalible food every week or so, would hate to see any cannibalise each other. As long as there is not any risk of having multiple feeders in with them, it should be fine to dump them in and let the scorps at them :).

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would just put in ample food for them and clean up any leftovers or uneaten prey about a day or two after. Want to make sure there is almost always avalible food every week or so, would hate to see any cannibalise each other. As long as there is not any risk of having multiple feeders in with them, it should be fine to dump them in and let the scorps at them :).
Think that'll work with dubia? I know they like to bury themselves.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Probably. Dubia DO burrow, but they usually come out at night. I'ts also better then crix, because I don't believe dubias can kill a molting scorp. Although, if dubias, then I would try to tong feed each at feeding. If they don't eat, leave it in and they might eat later. I know some scorp sp. are shy when it comes to eating. Should work though, I will have your same struggle with a C. gracilis pair in a couple of weeks ;)