Vacation Advice for Sling

Nevfern

Arachnopeon
I'll be going on vacation for about four daysand while I know my 1 3/4"in Mexican red knee spiderling, Chile, would be fine without food, but I'm worried about keeping the humidity up. I like to clean his water dish everyday and mist his tank once a week or so. Nobody else is brave enough to stick their hand in the tank. How can I keep him hydrated while I'm gone?

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nevfern, You might want to place the enclosure in a slightly cooler spot while you're gone- but only if you already keep it in a fairly warm area, say 80 or above. Other than that just make sure it has plenty of water and it should be okay. :)

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
B smithi's are not heavily dependant on high humidity.
Feed it b4 you leave and leave a water bowl for it, 4 days is no problem.

I went two weeks in the heat of summer and all my T's did well.

PIG-

webbedone

Arachnobaron
what pig said 4 days is nothing even to a spiderling esp after a good meal

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
... I like to clean his water dish everyday and mist his tank once a week or so.
Clean the water dish every day? Wow. Actually, the spider may enjoy a few days with less disturbance. As for humidity - put the container inside a larger container, such as an aquarium, tupperware container, etc., and place a bowl of water in the larger container. Unless you live in an extreme environment that should provide all the humidity your spider will need..