V. Spinigerus

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey all, just thought I'd respond to some requests I got for some updates on my newest addition.

Today was an interesting day. After my little scorp spent the weekend redecorating, I decided now would be a good time to try feeding. this little guy spent a moment looking at the first cricket before anything. I'm wondering if this might be because I fed him in a different container so I could mix some sand in with his coconut fiber while he was eating? Sort of, "Yay food! But where the hell am I?"

The second cricket on the other had got chased and owned in a matter of seconds. Based on todays observations, I'm gonna say I got a pretty good eater on my hands haha.

I'm also pleased to report that he seems far more relaxed, comfortable, and at home with the addition of the sand. The enclosure looks 10 times better too, (hopefully he wont redecorate much). lol {D

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
take some pics, i would love to see how it looks..
Absoloutely... pics will be here soon. I just need access to a digital camera haha. I'm finally gonna have one in about a week, it's a shame I don't have anyone here I can bum a shot or two off of =( I would have loved to have pics up the day he got here. But anyhow, stay tuned, pics will be on the way! :D

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you got them from spiderpharm right? if so, how was the packing, etc..

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah! Chuck Kristensen over there was great to deal with. As far as packing goes, I thought it was great, but you should know this is the first time I've ever had one shipped to me so I don't really have anything to compare to. I've read plenty of user reviews for them on here that say he packs very well too though.

The packaging itself consisted of a small vial (pretty standard I suppose) packed with the scorpion packed between 2 cotton balls. The cap of the vial of course had holes poked into it for ventilation. The vial was then placed in a ziplock bag with a moist paper towel. The ziplock bag was closed over half way and the excess wrapped around the vial and paper towel. The box it was shipped in had a layer of the air bags used for packing fragile items, upon which the ziplock bag was placed along with a gel bag for insulation. On top of this went a couple more air bags and that was it before the box was sealed and sent out. I'm very very satisfied with my purchase.

Hope that answers your question... if there's anything else you'd like to know feel free to ask =)

Rock On!!
~Rob

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:clap: awsome! im sure your scorp will renovate your cage over and over! my v.spinigerus always dig, fill in, and dig some more burrows. but, it makes the cage look really cool if u ask me hehe.. but GL on raising your new scorp!

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha, yep... he already started lol. So far it's only a piece of bark that's been moved, but the digging should start pretty soon. Took about 2 days last time lol. Thanks for the luck!