V. Spinigerus Brood

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is my first brood so naturally I was very excited. I caught her in the act of giving birth by accident, as i had no idea she was full grown, let alone gravid!

Took her two tankmates out and nabbed a pic

checked on her today and guestimated at 20-30 babies all on her back. This pic is of some babies on the ground and one in her back, and you can see the embryos in her tummy really well. :)

Another piece of good news: my new hottentotta trilineus is gravid and about to pop too :)

Attachments

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I should also mention that all of my spinigerus were WC, and arrived mid july to my place, so she was gravid when collected :p

snappleWhiteTea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thats really cool!
if you move them into a new enclosure after 2i, they will do better on peat of coconut fiber as apposed to sand. i keep non on any sand these days, but for adulkts it doesn't really matter.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That was the species that got me hooked on scorpions. I found one while out rock flipping. It was a wild caught female that gave birth. After watching the whole thing I was in love with the hobby.

JOhn

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats really cool!
if you move them into a new enclosure after 2i, they will do better on peat of coconut fiber as apposed to sand. i keep non on any sand these days, but for adulkts it doesn't really matter.
yea i sometimes mix the sand with coco but i usually forget

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
official count:

5 dead
3 2i given away
kept 23 second instars

good, but small brood :) expecting up to 2 more within the next few months!

Last edited: