Usumbara webbing

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I just had to post these pics. I'm sure you've all seen the pics of my Usumbara's webbing before, but these are a little different. She's now incorporating huge clumps of soil into her web. At the rate she's going, all her substrate will be at the TOP of her enclosure instead of the bottom. Hey, maybe then I'll actually be able to find her hidey spot?

This was a little dark. I didn't have the flash on.

With the flash...

And here's the little Pterror herself....

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
she's finally decided to block out the world, or you hover too often in her windows. ;)

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Wow great webbing pics... My Usambara hasnt done all that yet but she has some webbing. I hope eventually she decides too because I like when they do webbing

TheDon

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine did this with his last web - then added more and more silk from the inside. In the end I needed to use scissors to cut it open and retrieve his shed skin.
I'm not sure if the spider knows it is camouflaging the den, or if it just uses the soil for added strength.

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
When I first got her at 3/4" she made a little hammock at the top and lived in that for about a week. Then she made a burrow. Now she's just gone hog wild, especially in the past week. She's totally ignored the flower pot that's in there. I can't even see it anymore.
Maybe she is trying to shut out the world? She's definitely trying to keep me out....everytime I open the lid on the pet pal it's webbed shut. It's like a sticky marshmallow in there :p There is a molted skin in there too....but it's at the bottom and last time I saw it, it was in several pieces. A leg here, a leg there.....

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Ya my suntigers web is all dirt on one side and perfectly clean on the inside where it stays. I posted a question about it prob a month ago and I think i was told that it is used for camoflauge and at the same time so you cant see though it. Good thing she still hasnt covered the side of the tank completely or I dont think i would ever see her. But I think she is working on that as everytime I go and look on her it seems harder and harder to see her :?

TheDon