Usumbara question

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:? I don't know much about usumbaras, but I am kinda concerned about mine. She has been hiding up in her webbing for the longest time (basically since I got her ) but for the last month or so she just won't eat. It's so hard to tell if she's molting up there or what, can any one tell me if this is normal or if they do molt in their webbing? I know she's moving around a bit because every once in a while I see a foot sticking out of the webbing.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They do molt in their webbing, and pretty much stay in there all the time. I'm sure they feel safest in their web house.
Are the feeders being eatened?
How big is it?
Are you misting water onto its web or useing a water dish?
Have you ever gottin up in the middle of the night with a flashlite and looked in on it?
It might be out and about.:)

Ernie

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The feeders just hop around for a day or so until I remove them.. she hasn't touched any since about a month ago. She has a water dish and the location of her web makes it difficult to mist it. She has moisture. I haven't seen her come out in a few weeks, just a foot here and there.

T. blondi

Arachnopeon
We had a T molt in his burrow before. Funniest thing about it was when he was done molting he threw his old molt out of the entrance. Kinda like a spider taking out the trash.