Usumbara Orange Baboon

deadly rose

Arachnopeon
hello all, i just got a new T from the pet store today they classified it as an starburst but closely looking at it, it was orange in color. look it up on the internet found that it might possiblely an usumbara orange baboon which is very aggressive. suppling a pic am i correct and how large does it gets.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hello all, i just got a new T from the pet store today they classified it as an starburst but closely looking at it, it was orange in color. look it up on the internet found that it might possiblely an usumbara orange baboon which is very aggressive. suppling a pic am i correct and how large does it gets.
you got an OBT lol
P. murinus orange color phase AKA Usumbara Baboon Tarantula
pet stores call them lots of things inclusing starbursts or sunbursts lol never know from thier names if its P. murinus or P. lugardi lol
I dont know size , i think about 6" or so ...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pterinochlus murinus- Sunburst baboon/ OBT
Yep they are not ones you would generally want to handle, their bite would ruin your day, and females which it seems you have top out around 5.5" sometimes a bit more. Once in a setup they will pick a place to make a bunker of webbing. It can be elaborate webbing too. They aggressively feed as well. They like it dry with a water dish with a light misting every now and then, at least that is how I kept my girl (who I named the devils spawn) and she did very well.