usumara orange and costa rican tiger rump info

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok I just jumped the gun and bought an usumbara and a costa rican tiger rump from swifts. there both slings so I need all the info possible on how to raise them. I know there both fast and aggressive but not much other than that so please help. I'm pretty experienced so there is no doubt I can take care of them I just need to know how. also if you have ordered from swifts what were your freebies I'd be interested to know what to expect. thanks

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh yeah anouther thing is an usumbara baboon the same as what is commonly reffered to on these post as an orange bitey thing??

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Pterinochilus minus, aka, usumbara baboon, aka, orange bitey thing, aka, P. terror there all the same. The care for these are simple, cage, food, and some sort of water supply. The only thing is be sure to be careful because they are very quick, I've had one get away from me.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
NO NO NO NO NO!

Info first, then buy from Swify!

But since you've already done the deed, good luck.

Jon

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
usambara is very easy to take care of as long as u dont try to cuddle with it...depending on what u want it to do, u can ether have it aboreal or terrestrial. use 5 or so inches of substrate and its liekely to dig...but an inch or so with corkbark and it tends to climb...personally i did the corkbark thing and it built a web around the base of it...

other than that, keep he temps about 70 and give it food and water and itl be fine

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As already pointed out, Usambaras are extremely hardy.
Keep it dry and warm, but make sure there is always a water supply.

Give it a burrowing setup and it will use it

Give it a terrestrial setup and it will either dig or make it's own web

Give it an arboreal setup and it will spin a tree-web á la Avicularia.

At least that's my experience with them anyway.
Be warned, these people are not joking about its speed - lightning fast. They are not aggressive, but will defend their burrow to the grim end. Not a spider to be messed with at all :)

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok so for the usumbara I got 5 in. of eco earth, its wet right now but should be halfway dry by tomorow, so let the substrate dry out, I'm not gonna hold it, and give it respect got it. so now what about the costa rican tiger rump??

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I find my Costa rican tiger rump (that's a lot of words to type for me!) aka Cyclosternum fasciatum extremely skittish. It is darn fast, and doesn't mind showing it's fangs to keep you out of his enclosure. He also likes to web up everything, and he looks very cool... But they don't get very big.
Well, guess that's all. Good luck with your new spideys.

Dennis