USPS shipping?

Stevo73

Arachnopeon
Does anyone know of any progress with getting the rules changed at the USPS in regards to shipping tarantulas? Just thought I would ask.
Thanks,
Stevo

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Still illegal but I'm sure shipments of tarantulas still being made through USPS (not that anybody here would ever do such a thing). A while back Ken the Bug Guy started a petition that quite a few members signed and forwarded letters to their reps in congress. Some of those reps whom even replied back with the appropriate lip service but no real movement that I'm aware of.

ETA: although now that many of us have new reps in Washington it may be worth the two minutes to send it to them as well.

ladizzlee

Arachnopeon
i have gotten ALL my t's through usps, i know its illegal and the person that is recieving the package is the one that gets in trouble.

Stevo73

Arachnopeon
I signed that petition as well but I haven't heard of any updates as to the USPS changing the rules to make it legal to ship tarantulas. I know people are still shipping through USPS though. I'm quite sure it will never stop lol.

I contacted UPS and Fedex as well and I got all kinds of different stories regarding shipping of exotic animals. UPS told me that they do not allow shipping of snakes, tarantulas, mammals, birds, and a few other things. Fedex says you can only ship from breeder to pet store (that doesn't always happen I'm sure) and the box you use has to be up to their standard whatever that means. I think I'll pass on shipping for a while.

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
dont ask dont tell rule, i mean dont go up to the lady and tell her what your doing, i honelsty dont think they care. when i got my dubia roaches the box was moiving... seriously when the guy placed the package on the steps u could hear the roaches scratching and the box vibrating LOL i don;t think they care

BrandonM

Arachnopeon
I've ordered online twice, both times i got it usps. in fact, until i saw this form i didnt know it was illeagal.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm so happy I live in Norway, it's not illegal to ship T's here, our postal service has no rules against live animals, that are not mammals.

Stevo73

Arachnopeon
I have used them too and I have for a long time. But there has been a member or two on here who have gotten busted for shipping tarantulas via the USPS and i don't need that aggravation in my life right now. Just trying to find out if anyone has any updates on the efforts to legalize the shipping of tarantulas.

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
I dont know if my experience recently is just pure coincidence. I did a trade with another AB member who is from Utah (i just wont name him coz I didnt ask his permission yet). I shipped my package express overnight and was guaranteed to arrive the next day by noon time. My package didnt arrive as promised so I called USPS. They told me it was delayed for reasons that they cant tell me. However, it did arrived two days after. Just today, I did ship again another batch of Ts thru express mail at USPS. Out of curiosity, I asked the woman incharge if it would be guaranteed to arrive tomorrow. She said yes. So I asked her that how cone my last package which was shipped express didnt arrive on-time. She checked the tracking number and told me that they held it for a day more because it was suspicious package. She didnt elaborate. It scared the hell out of me. I dont know if they already knew its tarantulas or maybe it was just pure coincidence...

archieph

Arachnosquire
not to get off topic

but anyone out there knows who can ship to philippines?

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
dont ask dont tell rule, i mean dont go up to the lady and tell her what your doing, i honelsty dont think they care. when i got my dubia roaches the box was moiving... seriously when the guy placed the package on the steps u could hear the roaches scratching and the box vibrating LOL i don;t think they care
Few times I shipped dubia roaches via usps, when I walked in and stand in line, those roaches wore so loud!, I mean very loud, people in line all start looking my way and few asked me what was in the boxes and will it going to break out??
My mail folks just asked me just to make sure the noisy boxes hold up for couple hours till they get them on the truck, lol

Wink

Arachnopeon
UPS told me that they do not allow shipping of snakes, tarantulas
i have a friend that knows a head honcho at UPS...he says its fine to ship T's as they dont consider T's a "venomous" species! straight from the horses mouth....he told me as long as its not over 150 lbs, ship all the T's you want

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a friend that knows a head honcho at UPS...he says its fine to ship T's as they dont consider T's a "venomous" species! straight from the horses mouth....he told me as long as its not over 150 lbs, ship all the T's you want
Well now that we have the informations "straight from the horses mouth" I guess all my American friends can ship as many t's as they want through USPS.

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Funny didn't UPS jump all over Ken when they nailed him and said he could no longer ship, hints why he is using Fed Ex now. :?

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So what is the legal way to ship them? ?
Best way: Find friend with car (preferably good MPG), and pay them 20-30 bucks to drive from A to B with the box on the seat next to him/her.

If you got a friend willing to do that for so little...treat those friends real good!

Wink

Arachnopeon
Well now that we have the informations "straight from the horses mouth" I guess all my American friends can ship as many t's as they want through USPS.
im just spreading the word i got from the guy, and it was from a UPS guy not a USPS guy...

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

only problem is this thread is about usps....not ups.
andy
your right it is about USPS, but didnt he also ask what a legal way of shipping is?? :rolleyes: