USPS shipping?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have a friend that knows a head honcho at UPS...he says its fine to ship T's as they dont consider T's a "venomous" species! straight from the horses mouth....he told me as long as its not over 150 lbs, ship all the T's you want
Alright. I will be the one to call <edit> on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i told a usps guy i was shipping T's to get a estimate, and he never cared....also its not like they know whats in the box...as far as they know it could be anything imaginable

Wink

Arachnopeon
Alright. I will be the one to call <edit> on this.
you can call <edit> all you want, i really dont care if you believe it or not, im just telling you what UPS told me...either way, ill still sleep at night if you dont believe me ;)

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

How can you call <edit> on a person with 1 post named "Wink"? {D :rolleyes:
yea i have more than 1 post, its not counting mine for some reason

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yea i have more than 1 post, its not counting mine for some reason
I'm calling <edit> on this because your join date was this month and until yesterday I'd never seen you here.

Wink

Arachnopeon
I'm calling <edit> on this because your join date was this month and until yesterday I'd never seen you here.
IMO, my join date should have nothing to do in relation to trying to help answer someones question...but ok, fair enough :)

if you want to get technical, my join date was in Dec lol

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMO, my join date should have nothing to do in relation to trying to help answer someones question...but ok, fair enough :)

if you want to get technical, my join date was in Dec lol
Dont even go there man. The join date/post count is stupid and childish.

i told a usps guy i was shipping T's to get a estimate, and he never cared....also its not like they know whats in the box...as far as they know it could be anything imaginable
That doesnt mean CRAP. The guy working there is incompetent, as many people are at their actual jobs.

Who cares that they dont know whats in the box???? HAHAHA
The problem here is that if your box gets open for ANY REASON for inspection, and they see what you are shipping, your butt is in trouble with a huge fine. And you do it again and who knows, you might have to go to prision.

The fact that the guy at the post office doesnt know his own job regulations doesnt mean you wont get in trouble if they catch you.

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sigh, so because someone's join date isnt from 4 years ago, their information isnt valid?

Post count e-peen's in forums is bad juju.

Back on topic,

I think I will just stick with FedEx shippers for now, considering at the moment they are the only reputable shipping company that has no ban on arachnids, and for the fact that you dont have to worry about a Federal Agent knocking on your door, well yet :eek:

As for UPS and USPS, I will take the advice of one of my elders growing up, "You can throw rocks at a hornets nest all you want, but eventually you are going to get stung".

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree that in most cases post count/ join date is irrelevant but all iv seen this guy say is ridiculous or negative. I mean i wonder if he is just one of those people who joins just to be annoying.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sigh, so because someone's join date isnt from 4 years ago, their information isnt valid?

Post count e-peen's in forums is bad juju.

Back on topic,

I think I will just stick with FedEx shippers for now, considering at the moment they are the only reputable shipping company that has no ban on arachnids, and for the fact that you dont have to worry about a Federal Agent knocking on your door, well yet :eek:

As for UPS and USPS, I will take the advice of one of my elders growing up, "You can throw rocks at a hornets nest all you want, but eventually you are going to get stung".
Nicely said.

patrick86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we don't need threads like this do we? No reason to bring attention to the subject.

Wink

Arachnopeon
I agree that in most cases post count/ join date is irrelevant but all iv seen this guy say is ridiculous or negative. I mean i wonder if he is just one of those people who joins just to be annoying.
hmm, i guess trying to help answer someone's question is regarded as ridiculous? ive never said anything negative to anyone on this forum, i believe you are thinking of some other member

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i believe you are thinking of some other member
after looking back at the posts I think you right. I'm thinking of a different new member that accused Fran of using steroids. :wall: I'm sorry I must of misread the posts. :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Wink

Arachnopeon
after looking back at the posts I think you right. I'm thinking of a different new member that accused Fran of using steroids. :wall: I'm sorry I must of misread the posts. :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
no worries at all, i just wanted to clear the air lol. i know exactly who you are referring to now. thanks for clearing that up :):clap:

Axel Martinez

Arachnopeon
This is from 2011 - you're scaring me. lol

I originally purchased Ts shipped via USPS -- never knew it might be an issue. After a little research, I stopped using USPS.
I still use usps and hopefully i don't go to jail or something because i recently ordered at least 5 or more tarantulas

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I still use usps and hopefully i don't go to jail or something because i recently ordered at least 5 or more tarantulas
I hope you won't go to jail either! Odds are in your favour that nothing becomes of it. Sellers aren't likely to stamp "Live Tarantulas" on package.:eek:

Hope your new Ts arrive safely and healthy!
Ts are such a fun unboxing experience! :astonished:

[Disclaimer: I don't use usps for tarantula shipping-- lol]