using one heat source for multiple tanks

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
does anybody know of a good system or set up for heating multiple tanks using a single heat source? such as a heat lamp.

i have tried to set up a clamp lamp at an angle to do such but moved it because i was worried about it melting the plastic from the side of the tank in such a position.

any ideas or pictures would be greately appreciated.

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i've got a book thats got pics on sum guys scorpion collection all in a bookcase and he uses heat tape.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i use this sort of glas rack system, between the floors there are heating cables, the glas is a wonderful heat "leader", i just put one uva A/B light in front of one system and that'S enough, i regulate the temp. with one Reptithemp. it's works great, all my sub-adult species live in this sort of system, i have also some of this for humid species, like tityus und centrurdiodes, then i don't reach the Reptithemp so high and i make not so much holes for the ventilation in it, it works great.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
and it is realy the lowest price i have ever had to pay for the power in the house, since i took this systems. ;)
and smaller scoprs arer in big styroporboxes with heating calbe on the groudn and one big window in the top... pix will follow.

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
and it is realy the lowest price i have ever had to pay for the power in the house, since i took this systems. ;)
and smaller scoprs arer in big styroporboxes with heating calbe on the groudn and one big window in the top... pix will follow.
So the heat, is it coming from the underneath the scorpion?

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
So the heat, is it coming from the underneath the scorpion?
let'S say 50% from the ground, cause the whole glas get hot, and so the heat come from every side. and the room also gets during the day warm, about 27°C, so most of the cables aren'T aktivated... it works good.