Usambura Appreciation thread...post your pics!

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey! I don't have a camera or a scanner to take a pic of our T's (maybe soon though) She is an Adult Female Orange Usambra and She just molted. She is 4 or 5 yrs old. We got her from a person.She has been healthy as long as we have had her :)

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by phoenixxavierre
Hi Lopez,

Great pics of a beautiful spider!

How do you manage to upload files that are over 640 pixels?

Cheers,

Paul
He housed them off site then linked them in the thread using the img button. This is also how he can post more than one picture per post.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, it wasn't anyone from this forum. It was from the petbugs.com days. (or at least when I used to post there....a long time ago) I have long since cleaned my e-mail and his addy is ancient history.
Like I mentioned though, I will only ever send a male again to someone with references and/or someone I know and trust.
I like your idea for breeder reviews a lot John.

Atrax

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I remember you posting at petbugs.com. I still look around there a little, but it isn't as active as it used to be.

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I always think of Elvis when a T rears up like that... Like its saying "Hail to the king babe!"

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
or, as they rear up "Hey.. ohhh.. grrrr......i'm gonna bite you.. WAIT, LOOK OVER THERE!" and as you turn around to see what your T is talking about, they book it like hell far, far... FAR away

i dont find them aggressive, i find them very defensive. But they're amazing T's to have!

riiiiight :)
peace
dave

KelliH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is Scary, my favorite OBT. I am pretty sure Scary is an immature male.

Here is my adult pair breeding.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
here we go!
Here's Oingo Boingo...defending her eggsac..

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
and throwing a complete tantrum when I removed it

Last edited:

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
I couldn't let this thread get away....:)

I had to try and get a picture of one of my "Usambara"
slings, you guys know I have 3:)
I know, I'm NUTS, I do not need to be reminded!;P

Anyway, it's not a great pic, but here it is.
I can't wait to get my REAL camera, stupid back orders! GRRR!

You can't tell from the picture, but this T is orange, not brown.

Sin, how many slings are there in that picture?

Attachments

Last edited:

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow - sweet pics people - I cant wait until I get one of these T's,

Gonna get a bit more experience under my belt though before I dive in at the deep end :)

Lopez, you in wales yeah man? where you get your T's from in the UK? any reccomended dealers?

cheers,

Stu

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi mate, there are a few good ones - best bet is to get your butt down to Birmingham this Sunday, it's the annual British Tarantula Society show.

Jono_mad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi. i'm going to the exibition on sunday and i hope to be getting an usambura. could someone tell me their basic set up requirements like how deep the substrate needs to be and humidity?
also if u want a good dealer try fox exotics. their e-mail address is leslie.fox@virgin.net i ordered a curly hair from them and it came almost the next day. good prices to.
Jono

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Jono_mad
hi. i'm going to the exibition on sunday and i hope to be getting an usambura. could someone tell me their basic set up requirements like how deep the substrate needs to be and humidity?
also if u want a good dealer try fox exotics. their e-mail address is leslie.fox@virgin.net i ordered a curly hair from them and it came almost the next day. good prices to.
Jono
Check here for care info:

caresheets

Click on the Pterinochilus murinus caresheet.

Best wishes,

Paul