Urticating Hair removal ( Urgent )

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yup I have one that broke off and is stuck under my skin in my hand !!! It's driving me nuts ! To add insult to injury it's from my new L. Difficilis, so it's the worst kind !

Help ! How do I get it out ?

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Put on some Benedryl cream and tough it out, I guess.

If its under the skin already, short of removing your skin I don't see how you can remove it.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sometimes you can get them out by applying Scotch tape to your skin and pulling them out.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ID say too small for tweezers.

I just tough it out.

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got a really thin sliver once, use a nail clipper. Just grab it length wise, and it'll 'cut' it out along with some skin. If you do it right, it shouldn't hurt at all. Then you can even disinfect it properly because it'll be a thin open wound. Good luck.

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Since it's in a place that's not going to cause problems I say suck it up and chalk it off to experience.

Okitasoshi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Burn it out, it'll hurt like a mother F'er, and the sliver will be replaced by a burn, but with a burn you can put aloe vera on it lol.

no but seriously...tough it out i guess, that's what I had to do when my sister's stupid friends decided it was a good idea to "trim" (yes with scissors) one of those fiberglass things that light at the tip. Basically I got tons of fiberglas stuck in my foot.

Morro_Narcissa

Arachnopeon
hold your hand under hot water for as long as you can stand it, it will help open the pores and loosen things up a bit. I have also heard of duct tape working wonders.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hmm... duct tape might work. Or another alternative.. find a poison sumac shrub and use both bare hands to casually strip leaves from it... the itching and sub-cutaneous blisters caused by that will make you forget all about the urticating hair problem. ;) Of course if it's any consolation.. I'd prefer suffering from urticating hairs or even poison sumac to chigger bites any day...chiggers are the worst of it all.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Chiggers make you feel not human, you can't stop scratching...

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Omg An Urticating hhhhhhaaiiirrr... Your gonna have to Amputate lol, i imagine its like a splinter? So maybe u can take a needle and remove some of the excess skin and then pull it out with tweasers or a nail clipper.