Uroplectes Chubbi (Beautiful scorp)

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Have had her for a few weeks now but never got around to taking any good pictures of her. By far one of my nicest looking scorps and my favorite to look at. I don't see too many threads or older posts on people keeping these. Does anybody have any personal experience keeping them? If so post pictures . Any good care tips? what housing have you the best results. Currently keeping her in a sand cocofiber mix with a patch of all cocofiber for misting. The rest is sand and decor and water dish

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
@Scorpionluva Has breed them I've gotten his input (awesome help) and I believe I saw in an old thread @gromgrom breed them at one point too maybe he'll chime in when he gets back to 22627383 people who blow him up lol

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Uroplectes in general is an awesome genus. I have kept 5-6 different species and they all are beautiful. I am definitely jealous as I have not kept U. chubbi before. Great pics!

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Uroplectes in general is an awesome genus. I have kept 5-6 different species and they all are beautiful. I am definitely jealous as I have not kept U. chubbi before. Great pics!
they all seem really colorful, I was lucky to get ahold of this one.. I want more down the line

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you guys blow me up so often lol

I dont have any. :( Sorry guys

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
I must admit that I do not know much about scorpions, but chubbi is the best thing I've seen all day.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Stunning! I Definitely need to see if I can add these beauties to my collection.

journeys and scorpions

Arachnoknight
Yes good...

You have to look for the Habitat and his temperature/humidity...hibernation. --> Do u know the seller? U can ask for exact location!
Why exact location? Because in a country are different climate...near the coasts its colder than central of country...for example!
And its better u know the climate for better breeding and for longer living animals/bigger litters. When the scorpion have perfect simulated Habitat so the scorpion feel better :-D. Its important...also hibernation.

From own experience i can say: They need heat, enough food and after mating water for the fertilization of the eggs. After this heat and feed :-D...moisture 1 time per week and voila u have litter!

But u can ask also Mark Stockmann from Buthidae.eu...i think he have more species of them and from different countrys. Ask him ;-)!

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
This is one of 2 species left on my wish list and I can't find it anywhere!!! I blame you @ArachnoDrew, for perpetuating, feeding, and enabling my obsession!

It's an amazingly adorable species, with all of the charm of an H.trog, 10x+ its size. Honestly, the cutest scorp I've ever laid eyes on, for sure. Thanks for the photos.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
This is one of 2 species left on my wish list and I can't find it anywhere!!! I blame you @ArachnoDrew, for perpetuating, feeding, and enabling my obsession!

It's an amazingly adorable species, with all of the charm of an H.trog, 10x+ its size. Honestly, the cutest scorp I've ever laid eyes on, for sure. Thanks for the photos.
Haha there is only 1 source for them!!! However he is stuck with only a few females and no males to breed. I pray every day he finds a breeder male! Or someone out of the blue post them for sale.... but from what ive beem able to tell, their almost non existent right now =/ . I was very fortunate in being able to obtain her and she has many people drooling over her lol shes hooked up in a nice enclosure compared to my other small scorps, (special treatment) haha