Urgent

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok well, my male A. chalcodes was mating a couple days ago with the female and got bit on the abdomen, I was worried about it then, but it stopped and now I was feeding him and guess what its bleeding again. I searched for threads to stop bleeding and I read on one post that vaseline would work? Is this true, and would the kind of vaseline by equate. The quicker the reply the better it would be. Thanks for all responses.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Vaseline will work but if its warm, it can liquify and run a little. I use some of the substrate. I have peat and I just dumped a bunch on an injured leg and the peat stuck to the blood and I helped clot. It's a quick and dirty way but it works.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its not really warm here. So Ill just try putting the vaseline on and hope for the best.

Thanks alot!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
He really doesnt look like hes gonna make it, I put a blob on the wound and then placed him into an ICU.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
And if you don't have any of that, some good old fashioned flour. It cakes on, stops the bleeding, and eventually the T cleans it right back off of itself. Or molts out. Either way, a dab of flour on the end of a paintbrush stops the bleeding fast. Then give it plenty of fresh water and a lot of quiet, dark alone time.

Good luck.

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would also go for the liquid band-aid stuff. I have heard it works wonders and stops the bleeding instantly. Your just lucky it was eaten during the process. I have seen that before......! Well good luck and hope you can fix the situation fast.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey thanks for all the input guys, but its been overnight and hes lifeless. :eek: I just hope he did his deed with my female.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey, you tried. Sorry about the little guy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that elusive egg sack. :)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks cheetah, I hope so as well. I fed the female today. SHe took 9 large crickets at once. I hope shes preparing for something.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry man that sux! i know its a little late but super glue also works wonders. i use that stuff to close every wound. on my T's, reptiles, even myself.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
sorry man that sux! i know its a little late but super glue also works wonders. i use that stuff to close every wound. on my T's, reptiles, even myself.
Is there any kind of Super glue that should be used, or just any would do fine? WHat brand or type do you use?

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is there any kind of Super glue that should be used, or just any would do fine? WHat brand or type do you use?
i use just regular good ole fashioned "Crazy Glue" brand. it stings a little bit (if you are using it on yourself) but not bad at all. and it closes the would FAST! as in instantly! :D

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You can use that clear nail polish too. I've heard that works real well.

Wow Novak, nine crickets? It sure does look like a good sign but only time will tell. If you end up with a bunch of little ones, I'd like to get one from you. Just keep me updated.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yup 9 Crickets, I probably could of fed more too. I was like :eek: . Alrighty Ill keep you updated.