[URGENT] Mold on spiderling LP

fenhawk1

Arachnosquire
hello
i have a small spiderling, an LP, who I took a look at to day to find an abundance of mold in the enclosure, so i proceed to spot clean it and take out the mold I discovered that the LP has some small dots around the top of her chelicerae, and It looks alot like the mold that was in there, so i moved the LP into a cricket tub with some dry humus coir substrate, and im wondering if there is anything else I can do to help her, her previous enclosure was pretty damp, and she has moulted once in my care, I bought it as a 2cm spiderling from www.thespidershop.co.uk
can someone please advise me on what i can do to save her life?:(

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

oh yeah, and she is sitting in a stress huddle/ball, but when i touch him she moves fine.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

apparently they are mites, what can i do to combat them?

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I will wipe with a cotton bud and keep it dry till she moults

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep, those mites can bloom when your enclosure gets moist. I would just let the enclosure dry out. Also, make sure you clean up any food remains. Keep the enclosure dry and change the substrate.

I have had mites before and they always go away when the substrate is dry.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hard to tell from the pictures, but those may be phoretic mites. If so, they are only attached for transportation purposes, not for parasitic reasons. They will drop off when they molt, or will come off when the tarantula molts. Keep your cage clean and dry and they'll eventually disappear.

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bill,

Are you sure? Well, you're not, as you said so, but from the images, I would assume they're a bit more of an issue than just hitchhiking. I'm not too familiar with mite systematics though.

I have seen people use a paint brush to knock them off, them being mites strongly attached to a tarantula.

If you only have one animal with the problem, using predatory mites maybe pretty expensive. You may try to share an order with others. Good luck regardless!