Urgent : how to catch a centipede ?

centipede

Arachnopeon
324r350 said:
if you knew a bit more about the nature of the internet access, you might not be so interested
My father is the director of the Montgomery County department of corrections.
The url filter has a list of allowed websites, not restricted ones.
Any message board or communications software is completely restricted (for obvious reasons)
the small content allowed is educational in nature, and limited to certain time periods of the day
i tried using one of the computer when i got to tour one of the new jails before it got put it use, and the lack of the ability to change the display refresh (60) was really bugging me and killing my eyes
suffice to say, any er, recreational media is out of the question

Looks like they copied Thai internet :8o Our governement is blocking adult sites (without success) and proxy servers (also without success). Last year, we had the honour (?????) to host the APEC conference, and there was no internet at all (think they were scared I would sent a mail bomb to Bush)

In the mean time I try to understand centipede psychology : she is absolutely not interested in the beautifull house I made. Also dinner (chicken meat) is untouched. Maybe I should use wine instead of water ? I wonder what a drunk centipede would do to coordinate all these legs :)

Last edited:

324r350

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
centipede said:
Looks like they copied Thai internet :8o Our governement is blocking adult sites (without success) and proxy servers (also without success). Last year, we had the honour (?????) to host the APEC conference, and there was no internet at all (think they were scared I would sent a mail bomb to Bush)

In the mean time I try to understand centipede psychology : she is absolutely not interested in the beautifull house I made. Also dinner (chicken meat) is untouched. Maybe I should use wine instead of water ? I wonder what a drunk centipede would do to coordinate all these legs :)
the centipede could be there for weeks if you its moist enough
when they feel scared, they can retreat for ages
i would go looking for the centipede

finman31

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So...ever think to just hunt her down with a stick and a bucket and just scoop her in it or even a bucket and 2 sticks fashioned together like a set of tongs (just hold them that works) and sling her in the bucket.Heck,scoop her into anything that you can contain her in long enough to get her out of your house.I would tear that room up until I found her.I have caught alot of local wildlife growing up,and i still do.I catch for the thrill,then release unharmed,generally after teaching my 2 sons about what I caught. I admit I am new to the world of pedes,but I have been raising reptiles and tarantulas for 20 years.Its a centipede,not a mouse,I just dont think you could entice it to come to you. Hunt it down and catch it however you have to.Get a good fish aquarium net,at least say 9" wide and throw that on it,slide it toward or away from you to cause the majority of the net to flip over itself,then pickk straight up.The pede will hang below the wire frame of the net,with the pedes weight holding it firm.This has worked on snakes,so It may work on her.But like i said,i am a newbie to pedes,so maybe i am just blowing smoke!

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
look into ur bathtub or anywhere in washroom, where they seek for moisture and water, a budy of mine got bitten in testicles while he was taking a shower
cuz there were a lot pede invasion after earthquake or a major geological change
and watch out when u put on ur shoes

centipede

Arachnopeon
As the centipede is still disappeared, we decided to call in a professional "pest control" firm. Let's hope it will work as I'm afraid to go in the shower now :)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Randolph XX() said:
look into ur bathtub or anywhere in washroom, where they seek for moisture and water, a budy of mine got bitten in testicles while he was taking a shower
cuz there were a lot pede invasion after earthquake or a major geological change
dang!

my *hand* swelled up hugely when i got bit... :eek:

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I hope your friend didn't get bit in the balls by S. subspines. That would suck.

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cacoseraph said:
dang!

my *hand* swelled up hugely when i got bit... :eek:
I remembered Steven has been bitten by TW Sc.sub. mutilans, but this time is a different one with red color morph

My budy serves in the army (for his military service) rite now in a deserted island close to China called "South Poll", 14 ppl were in the shower ,but he was the only one who got bitten and took few days off in hospital.

He didn't tell me how swell his balls were while he got his holidays in hospital, cuz i am sure he couldn't speak properly for a while or just all cursing words without proper describtion

i'll "try "to ask for the photos of his testicles and post it on the bite report

Last edited:

centipede

Arachnopeon
Rip

Ladies and gentlemen, we got him ! It seems the long bastard managed to escape anyway, because my staff found him dead in the kitchen. Unfortunately, they put the body in the trash can before I could make a pic :8o

Yesterday, another one walked in the restaurant we have (his brother on the way to the funeral ?) That was quite funny - guests jumping off... This time we were faster, so now he's in centipede heaven too ...

Thanx for all the advises

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
centipede said:
Ladies and gentlemen, we got him ! It seems the long bastard managed to escape anyway, because my staff found him dead in the kitchen. Unfortunately, they put the body in the trash can before I could make a pic :8o

Yesterday, another one walked in the restaurant we have (his brother on the way to the funeral ?) That was quite funny - guests jumping off... This time we were faster, so now he's in centipede heaven too ...

Thanx for all the advises
i am happy and sad!

certainly your customers come first, though :)

glad to hear it is resolved :)

it is funny that all our advice was for nothing!
but centipedes are a pretty suprising bunch of animals

centipede

Arachnopeon
There was no other choise as to kill it : it is a dangerous animal and people will not feel comfortably if they know that it's still running around. (however I'm quite sure that we have many more of them over here..., we just don't see them) These animals are so fast that you simply have no time to collect the tools to catch them. We have around 2 centipede problems a year. The most dangerous experience we had was when I saw the following situation : the cat was playing with "something" (I first thought a mouse or a lizard). At the same time, my son (at that time 2 years) was playing with the cat. When I came closer, I saw the cat was playing with a 15 cm centipede. My reaction was to lift my kid, and to give my cat a serious kick (the cat is still angry for this). I don't know if you ever has seen a very angry centipede, but it didn't looked nice. The centipede was acting like a scorpion : lifting up it's tail just like a scorpion does. A cat is fast enough for a centipede, but just imagine what had happened if the centipede could have bitten a 2 years old... After the cat was gone, the centipede ran away in the garden.

It's also a problem with the attitude of the locals. For instance, they will kill every snake they see. Complete bullshit of course since 98 % of the snakes are not poisened. But try to explain this to someone who can not see the difference between a python and a worm {D

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Randolph XX() said:
Youch! That's a terrible thing.

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This thread was entertaining to read. :)

Glad you got rid of your problem, centipedes and scorps freak the crap out of me!

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
EDIT : did'nt know you found it, woaw ... centipede crawling everywhere lol, that is AWESOME ... here nothing can live men, -10 to -20 celcius, sometimes -30 most of the year, we got 2-3 month of good weather

Last edited:

centipede

Arachnopeon
Valentine's day

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006070358,00.html

By PETE BELL
Sun Online

THE SCORPION Queen and Centipede King have held their Valentine's Day wedding at a haunted house.

Kanchana Ketkaew, 36, who set a world record in 2002 for spending 32 days in a glass cage with 3,400 scorpions, married 29-year-old Bunthawee Siengwong who set a Thai record for enduring 28 days with 1,000 centipedes.

Kanchana's wedding dress was adorned with live scorpions, while Bunthawee enticed his bride into a kiss by placing a centipede in his mouth.

"I like him and I like it that we both are up for a real challenge," Kanchana said.