URGENT HELP NEEDED: P. Metallica Problem !!!

hcsk8ter

Arachnopeon
Hi,

One of my P. Metallica slings is acting quite strange. I wish I could get a good picture with my camera, but it seems the zoom distorts everything.
Anyway, the sling is in the corner on top of his spaghum moss with his front 2 feet raised toward the side of the pill bottle, abdomen is rather large. The sling kkeps the front two pair of feet raised at about a 60 degree angle, but not touching the side of the pill bottle. Very strange.
What scares me is that the sling is not moving much. At first I thought maybe its molting but its not on its back. I know T's can molt standing up but I also know slings molt usually within a few hours. The sling has been in this position since last night and is pretty non-responsive, although there is no sign of the sling trying to curl its leg underneath in a death pose.
So what should I do?

1. ICU?
2. Leave it be?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd leave him be. If he is getting ready to molt moving him could be disastrous.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'd leave it be too. Keep an eye on it, but don't disturb it.

david goldsboro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
does it move it you touch it ? moving it wouldnt do no harm if its a spiderling i have had them moult in the post with no problems like you say slings moult quite fast , i would move it away from the others just to be safe

Skypainter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sounds like a threat pose to me. You may just have a sling with some attitude. I have seen some of my other T's hold threat poses for hours.

Steven.WK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
But threat posing overnight?

You said it was in a pill bottle. Did you by accident clip it's legs when closing the lid? They will lift their legs straight into the air when they are injured.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Are there webbings around her? If so, she could be molting, though it usually don't take that long for a sling.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen my tarantulas hold some pretty interesting poses for days...

Unless a leg is caught in the lid, I would just leave it be and see what happens. Best not to disturb the wildlife in my opinion.

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
bro,man i feel you.no lie i would be frekin out too if that happened with my P. when i 1st got her.especially after the excitement when i got her.good luck man.hope everything comes out ok.