*Urgent* escaped cobalt blue.

TarantulaLord

Arachnopeon
Now usually I wouldn't be so concerned, but the escaped tarantula of course had to be my C. lividum... Great.
Its somehow pushed itself out of its container and now is god knows where in the room. Door was open a crack overnight, but I feel its unlikely he left the room as he was at the opposite side of the room and there are plenty of hiding places for him closer by. Not to mention I believe he wouldn't have left, as the hallway was light, and not as warm.
Any tips on how to find him, or am I literally just going to have to turn the room upside down? Help much appreciated!

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
Seal of the door and vents. Start from his enclosure and work your way out from there. Go very slowly, so you don't scare or hurt him. Have a catchcup ready. Good luck.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Start digging ;)...

I know it sounds counter intuitive but for some reason when spooked H.livs tend to go up.. So look high and low.. Close the door and if there is a gap on the bottom stuff it with a towel so that the T doesn't escape that room while your searching if it is infact still in there.

Just check everywhere and everything slowly.. Alot of lost Ts end up in closets for some weird reason so don't forget to look in there..

Haplos aren't something you want running around your house especially if you have children, elderly or pets.. Make sure everyone in your house checks there clothes and shoes before they put them on and watches where they put there fingers untill you find your T..

Good luck

TarantulaLord

Arachnopeon
Seal of the door and vents. Start from his enclosure and work your way out from there. Go very slowly, so you don't scare or hurt him. Have a catchcup ready. Good luck.
Thank you! First thing I done was secure the room. Its going to prove very difficult to find him though as he has likely hidden under my Burmese Pythons vivarium, which is a very difficult thing to move.

BwR11

Arachnopeon
Now usually I wouldn't be so concerned, but the escaped tarantula of course had to be my C. lividum... Great.
Its somehow pushed itself out of its container and now is god knows where in the room. Door was open a crack overnight, but I feel its unlikely he left the room as he was at the opposite side of the room and there are plenty of hiding places for him closer by. Not to mention I believe he wouldn't have left, as the hallway was light, and not as warm.
Any tips on how to find him, or am I literally just going to have to turn the room upside down? Help much appreciated!
Oh my! How big is it? I have no clue how to help but i want to. Check all of your shoes. If you do have to check every nook and cranny go about about it gently and watch every step you take. Use tools, not your fingers. I hope you find your little buddy. Is there enough room under the snakes viv to shine a flashlight? Sometimes the eyes can reflect the light.

TarantulaLord

Arachnopeon
Oh my! How big is it? I have no clue how to help but i want to. Check all of your shoes. If you do have to check every nook and cranny go about about it gently and watch every step you take. Use tools, not your fingers. I hope you find your little buddy.
Thank you! He's around 4" in leg span, so he's not gonna be easy to find...

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
Thank you! First thing I done was secure the room. Its going to prove very difficult to find him though as he has likely hidden under my Burmese Pythons vivarium, which is a very difficult thing to move.
I wouldn't move it, risk hurting the t. Maybe try fishing it out? lividum need humidity, try setting something up for him close to where he is hiding. Container with water dish something prekilled and hidingplace. Maybe you get lucky.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It is probably hunkering down during the day. If you don't find it today, it may be more effective to search after dark when it is more likely to come out. Use a red flashlight and start on the floor.

Good luck!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
If you have a Burm in a room connected to your house that room should be shut and locked at all times unless your in there and if there is a gap on the bottom of the door you should be using a sweep to fill it. That's just Monster snake keeper common sence bud.. If you had put those safety measures in place you wouldn't have to worry if your T is in the main house or not.

Maybe it's a wake up call things could be alot worse if it was your Burm that is loose especially if it's 8-12 ft range and you have younger children..

BwR11

Arachnopeon
If you have a Burm in a room connected to your house that room should be shut and locked at all times unless your in there and if there is a gap on the bottom of the door you should be using a sweep to fill it. That's just Monster snake keeper common sence bud.. If you had put those safety measures in place you wouldn't have to worry if your T is in the main house or not.

Maybe it's a wake up call things could be alot worse if it was your Burm that is loose especially if it's 8-12 ft range and you have younger children..
In a one room room apartment I keep my snakes and spiders in the living room. Sometimes circumstances don't give us a choice and mistakes happen. Probably feels bad enough already without piling on.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
In a one room room apartment I keep my snakes and spiders in the living room. Sometimes circumstances don't give us a choice and mistakes happen. Probably feels bad enough already without piling on.
You shouldn't have large constrictors in A one bedroom apartment. It's incidents stemming from situations like that, that has got them banned in various municipalities.. ( Not saying that you in particular do BTW)..

We could see the same thing happen to Ts if one of his kids or the neighbors kids or an elderly person is rushed to the ER with complications from an old world T bite..

I'm not trying to pile anything on I'm trying to educate.. I won't apologize for trying to preserve the various hobbys I'm involved in..

TarantulaLord

Arachnopeon

There is always a closed door at the end of the hall sectioning it in, so the burm is purposefully always contained and has no way to escape. However, the second door does have enough of a gap at the bottom of the door for cobalt to have escaped through.

TarantulaLord

Arachnopeon
There is always a closed (and locked) door at the end of the hall sectioning it in, so the burm is purposefully always contained and has no way to escape. However, the second door does have enough of a gap at the bottom of the door for cobalt to have escaped through.

BwR11

Arachnopeon
You shouldn't have large constrictors in A one bedroom apartment. It's incidents stemming from situations like that, that has got them banned in various municipalities.. ( Not saying that you in particular do BTW)..

We could see the same thing happen to Ts if one of his kids or the neighbors kids or an elderly person is rushed to the ER with complications from an old world T bite..

I'm not trying to pile anything on I'm trying to educate.. I won't apologize for trying to preserve the various hobbys I'm involved in..
That's true. Mines just a little boa. I could never handle a big snake. No apology necessary and I understand where your thinking is at. Nobody leaves a viv or enclosure open on purpose and the safety of people and the T are both at risk. oh my. I'm tired and my words are getting away from me.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
That's true. Mines just a little boa. I could never handle a big snake. No apology necessary and I understand where your thinking is at. Nobody leaves a viv or enclosure open on purpose and the safety of people and the T are both at risk. oh my. I'm tired and my words are getting away from me.
I get what your saying stuff happens and I totally agree.. My point was that by being as safe as possible you reduce the snowball effect. Lol..

TarantulaLord

Arachnopeon

To be honest I agree with both of you. Though I do personally always have the door at the end of the hall locked and secured in case the burm escaped so she can be contained without risk to anyone. However the gap under the door is not tarantula proof, for the smaller ones anyway. Although my cobalt has been successfully returned to his tank luckily. First and hopefully last escaped T I'll have.